- A few CSU campuses extended the admission application deadline for fall 2022. Please Click here for a list of CSU campuses and their deadlines.
- Regardless of the date the admission application has been Submitted, all applicants must update the CSU and UC application in January following the guidelines provided by these campuses.
Note: Please see the Workshop Resources at the bottom of this page for guidance to complete and update the applications.
- The EOP application deadlines varies for fall 2022. You may click here for a list of CSUs accepting EOP application, and the deadlines.
- The deadline to file Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) petition is February 14th for Spring 2022.
- The Transfer Center will offer virtual workshops in Spring 2022 to assist students with their application updates, supplemental applications, and more. The workshop schedule will be available in early January.
Transfer Center virtual Hours:
- M-Th: 9:00 a.m - 4:30 p.m.
- Fri: 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
We will be available to assist you via email, phone and/or zoom. We will have some in-person counseling services and will provide the schedule in early spring 2022 term. If you have any Transfer related questions or would like to schedule an appointment with the Transfer Center, please contact us at:
Soraya Sohrabi - email@example.com
Gloria Darafshi -Darafshi@smccd.edu
You may also schedule a counseling appointment by logging into smccd.onelogin.com and selecting "Student Success Link".
Welcome! Cañada College Transfer Center is to assist you with your transition to university life by providing services and information.
Students interested in transferring to a four-year college or university may use Transfer Services to research universities, majors, academic requirements, college costs, and other transfer matters. Resources include college catalogs, college directories, articulation information, and access to ASSIST.org, a self-guided site that provides general education, major and course equivalency information.
At Cañada College, you may obtain an associate degree/Associate Degree for Transfer and complete lower division and major preparation courses toward your transfer goal.
From here you can go anywhere!
Plan early!! Select your major, explore your options to find the university of your choice, plan your coursework, and your finances.
University Representative Visits
The University representatives schedule specific date(s) and time to meet with students at Cañada College. You may schedule an appointment with them to ask questions regarding their programs and services, admission requirements, cost of attendance, and financial aid and scholarship availabilities. You may also discuss your eligibility for admission to that campus.
Please check this schedule periodically as we may add more universities to this list.
Transfer Center Workshops and Drop-in Sessions
These workshops and drop-in sessions are to inform you of transfer matters and to assist you developing an effective transfer plan, as well as answering your questions as you are preparing to transfer.
These will take place virtually on the zoom. The zoom links to the workshops are listed in the schedule.
Transfer Center Events:
- Fall 2021 Transfer Day - October 26th from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Students Achievements Recognition Reception
College Fairs and Events Provided by Universities
Every semester, universities offer events in support of transfer students to connect them with programs and services at the universities, support them with their transition to a university, and answer any questions students may have.
The following transfer fliers and online resources include information that may assist you with the transfer process:
- ASSIST Tutorials - this online tutorials will guide you to navigate ASSIST.org website for course equivalency and major course preparation requirements for CSU and UC campuses.
- ASSIST Brochure is another source guiding you to use the ASSIST, an online tool.
- Transfer Success Checklist
- Transfer Guide is a chart summarizing the minimum admission requirements and the cost of attendance to CSU, UC, and Private universities.
- Transfer WEB Site provides you with a list of web sites to assist you with search in college, major, scholarships, and cost of attendance.
- Applying to UC and CSU
- CSU Admission and General Information
- UC Admission and General Information
- Private and Out-Of-State University General Information
- Admission Application websites, deadlines, and application fees for Universities
- What is TAG? What is Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT)?
- Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) vs. Associate Degree in Science/Arts (AA/AS)
- UC application Personal Insight Questions
- Transfer Process "To Do" Checklist
- Tips and suggestions how to write personal Insight Questions
- UC Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) information and Resources
- Transfer Agreement Chart
Please click on "Sign-up to access workshops" to view the following transfer resources:
- Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT)/Impaction
- Common Application
- CSU Admission Application - (PowerPoint)
- CSU Application Guide - Videos
- CSU Admission Application - Creating an Account, profile and select a program (Video by San Diego State University)
- CSU Admission Application - Personal Information Quadrant (Video by San Diego State University)
- CSU Admission Application - Entering Academic History part 1 - adding high school and Colleges attended (Video by San Diego State University)
- CSU Admission Application - Entering Academic History part 2 - entering college courses (Video by San Diego State University)
- CSU Admission Application - Entering Academic History part 3 - entering standardized test and Military credits (Video by San Diego State University)
- CSU Admission Application - Supporting information, Program Materials, and submitting the application (Video by San Diego State University)
- CSU Admission Application - EOP Application (Video by CAL Poly SLO)
- Financial Aid Information for transfer students
- Financial Aid - Interpreting Award Letters
- Financial Aid - Interpreting Award Letters (Recording)
- "Next Steps" after Submitting an Application
- Transfer Process
- UC Admission Application
- How to Complete UC Application - YouTube Videos
- UC Personal Insight Questions (PIQ)
- UC Transfer Planner (TAP) to UC Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) - This will review the TAG requirements and guide you to complete TAP/TAG Application
- UC - Transfer Academic Update (TAU) - 5 minute Video