- UC Transfer Admissions Guarantee (TAG) UC TAG application is now open. Students may submit the TAG application between September 1st and September 30th.
- Transfer Day - Fall 2021 virtual transfer Day will be on October 26th from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. More information will be available soon.
- The deadline to file Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) petition is October 1st.
- The Transfer Center offers virtual workshops in Summer and Fall 2021. Please see the workshop schedule for date and time.
As we are working remotely, the Transfer Center will be available to assist you via email, phone and/or zoom. If you have any Transfer related questions or would like to schedule an appointment with the Transfer Center, please contact us at:
Soraya Sohrabi - firstname.lastname@example.org
Gloria Darafshi -Darafshi@smccd.edu
You may also schedule an appointment by logging into smccd.onelogin.com and selecting "Student Success Link".
Welcome! Cañada College Transfer Center is to assist you with your transition to university life by providing services and information.
Students interested in transferring to a four-year college or university may use Transfer Services to research universities, majors, academic requirements, college costs, and other transfer matters. Resources include college catalogs, college directories, articulation information, and access to ASSIST.org, a self-guided site that provides general education, major and course equivalency information.
At Cañada College, you may obtain an associate degree/Associate Degree for Transfer and complete lower division and major preparation courses toward your transfer goal.
From here you can go anywhere!
Plan early!! Select your major, explore your options to find the university of your choice, plan your coursework, and your finances.
University Representative Visits
The University representatives schedule specific date(s) and time to meet with students at Cañada College. You may schedule an appointment with them to ask questions regarding their programs and services, admission requirements, cost of attendance, and financial aid and scholarship availabilities. You may also discuss your eligibility for admission to that campus. The Fall Schedule will be available soon!
Please check this schedule periodically as we may add more universities to this list.
Workshops and Drop-in
These workshops and drop-in sessions are to inform you of transfer matters and to assist you developing an effective transfer plan, as well as answering your questions as you are preparing to transfer.
These will take place virtually on the zoom. The zoom links to the workshops are listed in the schedule.
- Fall 2021 Transfer Day - October 26th from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Booklet -Transfer Achievement Recognition Reception - May 14, 2021
- Video - Transfer Achievement recognition Reception - May 14 2021
The following transfer fliers and online resources include information that may assist you with the transfer process:
- ASSIST Tutorials - this online tutorials will guide you to navigate ASSIST.org website for course equivalency and major course preparation requirements for CSU and UC campuses.
- ASSIST Brochure is another source guiding you to use the ASSIST, an online tool.
- Transfer Success Checklist
- Transfer Guide is a chart summarizing the minimum admission requirements and the cost of attendance to CSU, UC, and Private universities.
- Transfer WEB Site provides you with a list of web sites to assist you with search in college, major, scholarships, and cost of attendance.
- Applying to UC and CSU
- CSU Admission and General Information
- UC Admission and General Information
- Private and Out-Of-State University General Information
- Admission Application websites, deadlines, and application fees for Universities
- What is TAG? What is Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT)?
- Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) vs. Associate Degree in Science/Arts (AA/AS)
- UC application Personal Insight Questions
- Tips and suggestions how to write personal Insight Questions
- UC Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) information and Resources
- Transfer Agreement Chart
Please click on "Sign-up to access workshops" to view the PowerPoint for the following transfer related topics:
- Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT)/Impaction
- Common Application
- CSU Admission Application for Fall 2021
- Financial Aid Information for transfer students
- Financial Aid - Interpreting Award Letters
- Financial Aid - Interpreting Award Letters (Recording)
- "Next Steps" after Submitting an Application
- Transfer Process
- UC Admission Application
- UC Personal Insight Questions (PIQ)
- UC TAG Application / UC Transfer Planner (TAP)