Transfer Admission Guarantee Agreements (TAG)
TAG is a contract between students and four-year universities that is offered to students who meet the TAG criteria. Each university determines its own TAG eligibility criteria which is listed below. It is important to meet with a counselor to review and plan your course work. You must plan early!
UC TAG general requirements:
- Completed 30 transferable units at the time of applying for TAG
- Meet the course requirements for the major
- Meet the minimum required GPA
- Complete 60 transferrable units by the end of Spring term for the fall admission
- Apply for general admission
These UC campuses offer TAG:
UC TAG application period is between September 1st to September 30th. You may file a TAG application with only one UC campus.
You must also file general admission application between November 1st-30th.
To apply for TAG and apply for general admission go to UC Transfer Admission Planner.
The following documents summarize the TAG eligibility and criteria:
- UC TAG PowerPoint - you need to sign-in to access this workshop PowerPoint, which is available under the Overview page of this site.
- Transfer Agreement Chart
- TAG criteria Summary - this includes the link to each campus and the major preparation course requirements
- UC TAG Page
- UC TAG matrix
- UC TAG Application Process