Transfer Center Workshops
On this page you will find:
- The Schedule of the transfer workshops ( more workshops will be added please check periodically)
- Workshop resources (PowerPoints, and Recorded workshops)
During this drop-in sessions, we will answer your questions regarding CSU and UC application update and guide those of you who also need to complete a supplemental application.
Tues., Jan. 11th 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Wed., Jan. 12th 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Wed., Jan. 19th 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Fri., Jan. 21st 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Mon., Jan. 24th 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Tues., Jan. 25th 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Mon., Jan. 31st 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
This workshops will assist you to review the financial aid options at 4-year universities and the financial aid awards letter that you received from CSU and/or UC campuses. This will assist you to evaluate your financial aid options.
Mon., April 11th 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Mon., April 25th 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
This will guide you with the next crucial steps before enrolling at a four year university.
Wed., Feb. 2nd 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Th., April 7th 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
You will learn about the transfer options, admission requirements, strategies to be a competitive applicant, and how to choose a four-year university.
Th., March 10th 1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.
This will cover the features of ASSIST that will support students developing an educational plan, and usages of DegreeWorks toward transfer requirements. It will also introduce students to articulation agreement tools developed by universities.
Mon., March 7th 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
You will learn to about CSU impactions, and how it may impact student's admission, and how an Associate Degree for Transfer enhance admission status.
Wed., Feb. 16th 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
This workshop will guide students to complete the Common Application for Private and out of State universities, and informed them of the additional required documents and procedures to submit them.
Th., Feb. 10th 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Mon., March 14th 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Students will learn about the UC Transfer Admission Agreement (TAG) requirements, and will be guided to complete Transfer Admission Planner and upload it to the UC TAG application.
Mon., May 2nd 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Students will learn about the UC Personal Insight Questions, and strategies to answer these questions.
Th., May 5th 1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
This workshop will inform students of the transfer process and the important steps to develop a transfer plan. It will also provide information about the services related to students at CSU and UC Campuses
Mon., April 18th 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
The following is a list of available PowerPoints and recorded transfer related workshops. To access these files, you may click on "Sign-up to access workshops" located at the end of the list.
Please click on "Sign-up to access workshops" to view the following documents/materials:
- Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT)/Impaction
- Common Application
- CSU Admission Application - (PowerPoint)
- CSU Application Guide - Videos
- CSU Admission Application - Creating an Account, profile and select a program (Video by San Diego State University)
- CSU Admission Application - Personal Information Quadrant (Video by San Diego State University)
- CSU Admission Application - Entering Academic History part 1 - adding high school and Colleges attended (Video by San Diego State University)
- CSU Admission Application - Entering Academic History part 2 - entering college courses (Video by San Diego State University)
- CSU Admission Application - Entering Academic History part 3 - entering standardized test and Military credits (Video by San Diego State University)
- CSU Admission Application - Supporting information, Program Materials, and submitting the application (Video by San Diego State University)
- CSU Admission Application - EOP Application (Video by CAL Poly SLO)
- Financial Aid Information for transfer students
- Financial Aid - Interpreting Award Letters
- Financial Aid - Interpreting Award Letters (Recording)
- "Next Steps" after Submitting an Application
- Transfer Process
- UC Admission Application
- How to Complete UC Application - YouTube Videos
- UC Personal Insight Questions (PIQ)
- UC Transfer Planner (TAP) to UC Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) - This will review the TAG requirements and guide you to complete TAP/TAG Application
- UC - Transfer Academic Update (TAU) - 5 minute Video