Request A Transcript

We can send your Official or Unofficial transcript to the recipient that you list on your request from.  The difference between these two types of transcripts are:

  • Official Transcript  will be signed, sealed, and sent directly from the Admissions Office at Cañada College 
  • Unofficial Transcript, is a printout of your records without college's official signature, and you can print it yourself

The following are some of the reasons that you must request an Official Transcript:

  • Transfer your credits to other colleges and universities
    • You have applied as new student to a university or transferring to another community College
    • You have attended at Cañada College temporarily to take courses toward degree at another College or university
    • Seeking for employment - some employers may require official transcript as part of the application pact
  • Scholarship - although some organization may accept an Unofficial copy of your transcript, but mostly the y ask for official copy.  you may check their instruction.

You may need a copy of your Unofficial Transcript to:

  • Complete an application for admission, UC TAG, etc.
  • Review your coursework with your counselor and/or university representatives and plan your courses and transfer
  • Scholarship application

To request an official transcript, go to WEBSMART,

  • Sign in with your user ID and password
  • Under Student Services click on Student Record
  • Click on Request Official Transcript
  • Then select one of the options:
    1. Order Electronic/PDF Transcript(s) - this will be sent electronically directly to the University- or
    2. Order Paper Hard-Copy Transcript(s) – this will be printed and will be mailed via postal services
  • Complete your contact information page, click on “next”
  • Select Official Transcript (the first two copies are free and thereafter $5.00 per copies)
  • Select your choice to hold your transcript for grades and/or degree to be sent it now or later
    • Check one of the options Below
      • “Send Now” – it will processed while your grades for the current term is still in-progress
      • “Hold for final grade for the current term” – it will process after the grades for the current term are posted on your transcript
      • “Hold Degree to be awarded for the current Term” - it will process after the grades and degrees for the current term are posted (Check with the Admissions Office to find whether your Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT), if applicable, is posted on your transcript before sending it to a CSU Campus)
    • Answer the rest of questions on this page, then click the “next”
    • Click on “Search Our Recipient Table” to select or to provide the name and address of the recipient of your transcript, (this is the name of university/institution that will receive your transcript), then click on “PDF Download”.
      • On the Recipient information page, there is an option to “Upload Attachments”, and “Are you providing an attachment. If you answer:
  • “Yes” – this means that you need to upload a document, so the Admissions Office can attach it to your transcript before they send it out. The examples of documents that you may provide are Nursing CAS address label, or Common Application documents. You will give the option to upload your document at the end of your order.
  • “No”- this means that you don’t provide any documents to be included.
  • On this page, you may also request the Admissions Office to include the CSU GE Breadth or IGETC certification to be attached to your transcript. You may select one of these options for General Education breadth certification:
    • CSU - General Education Certification for CSU System(s) - CSU ADDRESSES ONLY
    • IGETC-CSU - (Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum) Certification for CSU system(s) - CSU ADDRESSES ONLY
    • IGETC-UC - (Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum) Certification for UC system(s) - UC ADDRESSES ONLY (see the instruction below for sending the IGETC to UC Berkeley)

For certification, Area 6 of IGETC requires verification of Language Other Than English (LOTE) If you completed Language other than English in high school, by AP/IB exam, or by any other available options, you must submit an official copy of your high school transcript, AP/IB test results, or other proper documents to the Admissions Office as soon as possible, before requesting IGETC certification.

  • Confirm the recipient and click on “Next”
  • Continue to “Summary” – edit as needed
  • Click on “Place Order, if applicable
  • Pay the fee (if applicable) - The first 2 copies are free of charge and thereafter $5.00 for each copy. There are extra charges for expediting your request. 


To send IGETC Certification to UC Berkeley: 

If you would like to send an IGETC certification to UC Berkeley, please be sure to select

  • The “ORDER PAPER HARD-COPY” option on the first page
  • Choose the “Enter Recipient Manually” under the recipient page to send transcripts to:

UC Berkeley Undergraduate Admission Transcripts

16 Sproul Hall, MC 0608

Berkeley, CA 94720-0608

To request an unofficial transcript, go to WEBSMART,

  • Sign in with your user ID and password
  • Under Student Services click on Student Record
  • Click on Request Unofficial Transcript
  • provide your email address 
  • confirm your email address by clicking on "Email Transcript" Button
  • Your request is complete and a PDF copy of your transcript will be sent to your Email immediately.

There is no charge for Unofficial copies.

How much does it cost to send an official transcript?

The first two copies are free of charge, thereafter $5 each.  it costs more to  expedite your request. 

How long does it take to send  an Official Copy of my Transcript?

It take 5 to 10 working days.  You may check with the admissions Office for more information.

Can email my Official transcript?

Yes, however, it must be sent by the Admissions Office to be considered as Official transcript.  To send it via email:

  • Follow the steps of requesting an Official transcript
  • In the "Recipient  Address" section, you may scroll down to the bottom of the page
  • Select “Manually”
  • Enter the email address in the box 
  • Continue to submit your request

I am no longer attending Cañada College, do i have access to WEBSMART to request an Official transcript?

If you are not taking courses at any of the three colleges in San Mateo County District, you may request your official transcript by using this link.