Textbook Affordability Subcommittee
Goals and Responsibilities
- Sarah Harmon, Academic Senate OER Liaison and OER/ZTC Coordinator
- Nada Nekrep, Online Instruction Coordinator
- Diana Tedone-Goldstone, Librarian
- Candice Nance Carrigan, Business, Workforce and Design Division Representative
- John Pérez, Humanities and Social Sciences Division Representative
- Diane Wakeham, Science and Technology Division Representative
- Ignacio Morales, ASCC Representative
- Tessa Noriega, Library Support Specialist
- Allison Hughes, Instructional Technologist
- Jai Kumar, Bookstore Manager
- David Reed, Dean of Academic Services and Learning Technologies
- Chialin Hsieh, Interim Vice President of Instruction (ex-oficio)
- ASLT Division Representative (vacant)
- Counseling Division Representative (vacant)
- Kinesiology, Athletics, and Dance Division Representative (vacant)
Meeting Agendas and Minutes
The committee meets on the 4th Tuesday of the month, 12:30-1:30pm. Meetings are multi-modal; please join us in person (9-154; the Faculty Teaching and Learning Center & Lounge (FTLCL)) or via Zoom.
|Date||Documents and Materials|
(3rd Tuesday, since 28 March is during Spring Break)
For prior years' agendas, minutes, newsletters and reports, please go to the Prior Years page.
- Report for 8 September 2022
- Report for 13 October 2022
- Report for 10 November 2022
- Report for 8 December 2022
- Report for 9 February 2023
- Report for 9 March 2023
- Report for 13 April 2023
- Report for 11 May 2023
- September/October 2022 Newsletter--didn't get sent or finished.
- November/December 2022 Newsletter
- February/March 2023 Newsletter
- April/May 2023 Newsletter
ZTC Adopter Program
Are you interested in receiving support and help in switching your course materials to OER...including a financial award for doing this work? If so, please go to the ZTC Adopter Program site for more information and applications.
Information and Tools
- Alphabet Soup: What are all of these acronyms with respect to OER/ZTC?
- Cañada Faculty Adoptions, listed by discipline, course, and instructor.
- FAQ for all things OER, ZTC, and more
- List of OER Resources, pulled from various listservs and connected to courses taught at Cañada
- Textbook Adoption Process, including how you can report that you are using OER in your course
Reports and Presentations
- April 2021 Board Report handout on the state of ZTC/OER in the District
- Flex Day and Open Education Week presentations
- OER/ZTC Implementation Plan, 2022-2027 (PDF)