Resources for the 2021-22 Education Master Planning Process
As Cañada College embarks on a new, comprehensive strategic planning process, there are many important resources to consider. The COVID-19 pandemic has thrown many issues facing society, and higher education in particular, into sharp relief including: the future of higher education, the future of work, and the urgent need to address persistent inequities in educational outcomes. Below are a number of recent publications on these topics.
Racial Justice and Equity in Higher Education
- The State of Higher Education for Black Californians
- Follow the Money: California Systematically Underinvests in Black Degree Attainment
Regional Socio-Economic Trends
- Watch Russell Hancock’s full presentation of the 2021 Silicon Valley Index
- Download the 2021 Silicon Valley Index
Changes in Higher Education in the U.S.
- It's Time to Rethink Higher Education
- The Great Contraction
- The Surveilled Student
- The Shrinking of the Scholarly Ranks
- The Post Pandemic College
- COVID-19 and the Future of Higher Ed Staff
- Survey: Students Want Online Learning Options Post-Pandemic
Carnegie Mellon University
Technology Changes in Higher Education in California
- Designing HyFlex Courses (July webinar series)
- Picking Your Future Classroom Will Shape How Students Learn
- It’s Time to Digitally Transform Community College
The Future of Work
- The Next Normal Arrives: Trends that will define 2021 - and beyond
- The Future of Work After COVID-19
- What's Next for Remote Work?
- Scaling online education: Five lessons for colleges
Data for the 2021-22 Education Master Planning Process
In spring 2021, the College PRIE Team will post data similar to that used for the 2017-2022 EMP, as well as additional data and dashboards, in the table below.
Regional Workforce and Degree Completion Trends
|2021-22 Student Success Trends||2016-17 Student Success Trends|
|Student Success Scorecard (Cañada and State)|
|Course Success and Retention Rates (dashboard)||Course Success and Retention Rates Overall, Basic Skills, CTE, and Transferable Courses|
|Student Equity Data Dashboards||Student Equity Data