Front Row Left to Right: Lorraine Barrales-Ramirez, Bob Haick, Soraya Sohrabi, Sarah Aranyakul, Gil Perez,
Sandra Mendez, To Nhu Do, Jenna French, Sandra Rodrigues, Daryan Chan
Back Row: Melissa Alforja, Yehdega Teclemariam, Nick Martin, Gloria Darafshi, Cindy Mata, James Aganon, Chris Rico, Tony Basques, Nadya Sigona
Find us on Twitter @ cancollegecouns
Welcome to our new and returning students!
30- Minute Counseling appointments are available for new and enrolled students by calling or dropping by the Welcome Center. After new, first-time college students have completed New Student Orientation and determined Math, English, or English Second Language course placement, they can schedule counseling appointments. Schedule appointments two weeks in advance to be sure to get the day, time, and counselor you prefer.
Welcome Center - Counseling Services
Building 9, 1st Floor
Counseling Office Hours for the Fall 2019 Semester:
|Monday||8:00am - 4:30pm|
|Tuesday||8:00am - 7:00pm|
|Wednesday||8:00am - 7:00pm|
|Thursday||8:00am - 4:30pm|
|Friday||8:00am - 12:00pm|
- Assist in academic planning and select appropriate courses to achieve goals (Student Educational Plan - SEP)
- Review graduation, transfer and career certificate requirements
- Assist in addressing academic problems such as probation and dismissal
- Advise during times of academic difficulty
- Explore majors CAÑADA COLLEGE – COUNSELING MAIN NUMBER: (650) 306-3452
- Please note that drop-in appointments are on a first come first serve basis.
- Assist students with information and resources for transferring to a university or college including transfer application and process
- Review student's qualifications for Transfer Admissions Guarantee
- Help students clarify goals and provide guidance through the process of making decisions about education and career goals
- Assist students with the research and review of career options
- Teach a variety of career courses that offer students the opportunity to assess their interests, values, personality and skills; improve job search skills as well as enhance college level study skills
- Discuss personal issues that may affect their academic performance
- Explore options and develop plans with students regarding their personal issues, educational decisions and career goals
- Provide referrals to other students support services and community resources
No Show Policy
- It is essential to show up for your counseling appointment on time
- If you are unable to keep your appointment, it is your responsibility to call the Welcome Center (650) 306-3452 to cancel by the night before; you can leave a voicemail to cancel
- You are marked as a NO SHOW if you miss your appointment or are 10 minutes late.
- After three missed appointments (NO SHOWS) you are required to meet with the Dean of Counseling before setting new appointments.
Important Academic Calendar Dates
Please see the Academic Calendar for specific dates for the following:
- Last day to drop a semester length course and receive a partial refund
- Last day to add a semester length course
- Last day to drop a semester length course without a "W"
- Last day to file petitions for Certificate and/ or Associate's Degree to be able to participate in the graduation ceremony at the end of the semester
- Last day to withdraw from semester length course with a "W"
- For last-start and short term courses, please refer to the printed class schedule or WebSMART for the last day to drop and add.
Division Organization Chart