Counseling AppointmentsTo schedule your own virtual counseling appointment click on your student success link in your OneLogin student portal account. To contact us, please send an email to email@example.com or call and leave a message at (650) 306-3452
Need Help with Registration?
Cañada College students applying for degrees and or certificates are required to meet with a counselor to submit the degree/certificate application.
Welcome Center Hours
Monday: 8:00am - 4:30 pm
Tuesday: 8:00am - 8:00pm
Wednesday: 8:00am - 8:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am - 4:30pm
Friday: 8:00am - 12pm
Virtual-Fridays: 1pm - 4:30pm
Different Types of Counseling Offered
- Assist in academic planning and select appropriate courses to achieve goals (Student Educational Plan - SEP)
- Review graduation, transfer and career certificate requirements
- Assist in addressing academic problems such as probation and dismissal
- Advise during times of academic difficulty
- Explore majors
- Please note that drop-in appointments are on a first come first serve basis
- Help students clarify goals and provide guidance through the process of making decisions about education and career goals
- Assist students with the research and review of career options
- Teach a variety of career courses that offer students the opportunity to assess their interests, values, personality and skills; improve job search skills as well as enhance college level study skills
- Assist students with information and resources for transferring to a university or college including transfer application and process
- Review student's qualifications for Transfer Admissions Guarantee
- Discuss personal issues that may affect their academic performance
- Explore options and develop plans with students regarding their personal issues, educational decisions and career goals
- Provide referrals to other students support services and community resources
No Show Policy
- It is essential to show up for your counseling appointment on time
- If you are unable to keep your appointment, it is your responsibility to call the Welcome Center (650) 306-3452 to cancel by the night before; you can leave a voicemail to cancel
- You are marked as a NO SHOW if you miss your appointment or are 10 minutes late.
- After three missed appointments (NO SHOWS) you are required to meet with the Dean of Counseling before setting new appointments.
Important Academic Calendar Dates
Please see the Academic Calendar for specific dates for the following:
- Last day to drop a semester length course and receive a partial refund
- Last day to add a semester length course
- Last day to drop a semester length course without a "W"
- Last day to file petitions for Certificate and/ or Associate's Degree to be able to participate in the graduation ceremony at the end of the semester
- Last day to withdraw from semester length course with a "W"
- For last-start and short term courses, please refer to the printed class schedule or WebSMART for the last day to drop and add.
Division Organizational Chart
The Counseling Division at Cañada College has professional and kind faculty, staff, and administrators to assist and direct you to the proper care and service you need. Please view our Division Org Chart below.