Each year, the three colleges of the San Mateo County Community College District (SMCCCD) -- Cañada College, College of San Mateo, and Skyline College -- award institutional scholarships to new, continuing, and transfer students. The scholarship awards are based on academic achievement, financial need or specific interests such as clubs, athletics, and service.
Funding for our scholarships comes from contributions to San Mateo County Community Colleges Foundation. The Foundation is the colleges' partner in promoting student success at our colleges and in ensuring that quality, affordable higher education is available to every member of our community. It is due to the ongoing generosity of donors since the Foundation's inception in 1966 that many thousands of students have attended college and realized a better life. Contributions to the Foundation are received from many sources: individuals (including Cañada College, College of San Mateo, and Skyline alumni, faculty, and staff), businesses, civic groups, community organizations, and other foundations. Learn more about the San Mateo County Colleges Foundation here.
The Cañada Financial Aid Office would like to congratulate the recipients of the 2019-2020
Cañada Scholarship! Please join us in congratulating the winners!
- SVCF Latinos in Tehnology Scholarship: http://www.siliconvalleycf.org/scholarships/latinos-technology-scholarship
- STEM Center Scholarship page: http://www.canadacollege.edu/stemcenter/scholarships.php
- See list of funding opportunities for Non-U.S. Citizens. Published by the National Association of Fellowship Advisors (NAFA); includes applications for an array of nationally competitive and merit-based scholarships.
- Immigrants Rising - List of scholarships that don't require proof of U.S. citizenship or legal permanent residence. This carefully researched list contains 52 pages of up-to-date information about scholarships available for immigrant students that don't have U.S. citizenship or legal permanent residency as well as advice and tips for writing winning scholarship applications.
- EngineeringDegree.com/Scholarships - a comprehensive database of scholarships for anyone interested in pursuing an engineering degree
- Scholarships for California Students - Since 2003, StudentScholarships.org has been providing scholarship management services for companies, as well as a comprehensive database of scholarships for students.
- MALDEF - Mexican-American Legal Defense and Education Fund Scholarship List - A list of scholarships for all students regardless of immigration status. http://maldef.org/leadership/scholarships
- Latino College Dollars, Scholarships for California's Latino Students Directory (current) - The Latino College Dollars Scholarship Directory contains clear information on more than 300 scholarships targeting Latino high school, undergraduate, and graduate students across the United States. A guide on how to apply for scholarships in both Spanish and English is included in the directory. For the ease of students and parents, scholarship listings are categorized by education level, deadline, minimum GPA, by whether citizenship is required as well as by region. The online directory is searchable by key categories such as grade level, grade point average (GPA) and citizenship at http://www.latinocollegedollars.org.
Scholarship Search Engines:
Free College Scholarship Search & Financial Aid Information Resource.
Find Free Money for School
Financial Aid/Scholarships for International Students
Scholarships & Aid
Grants, scholarships, loan programs, and other information to assist college and university students in their pursuit to study abroad.
Free access to over 7 million scholarships.
Many Scholarships do not require proof of citizenship. Use Immigrants Rising's Scholarship Lists to identify scholarships that you are eligible to apply.
SVCF administers scholarship programs for high school seniors, college and graduate students, re-entry students, and vocational and technical school students.
CCCSFAAA Student Scholarship
Deadline to apply: April 1, 2019
Please see the CCCSFAAA Scholarship Application here. This is an annual $500 scholarship provided by the statewide financial aid association. Each applicant must submit a statement of candidacy that includes:
- Special circumstance and/or unusual hardship
- Educational and career goals
- Why they have chosen these goals
- Any community involvement or leadership roles which they may have had
All applications must be submitted to the financial aid office by April 1, 2019.
Attention 2020-21 UC Santa Cruz Students: $20,000 Karl S. Pister Leadership Opportunity Award Program at UC Santa Cruz
Deadline to Apply: February 7, 2020
This scholarship is for outstanding UC-qualified junior-level community college students to complete their undergraduate studies at UC Santa Cruz. The program provides a $20,000 scholarship distributed over two years, mentoring and academic support, and assistance finding paid or volunteer summer work experience.
Submit these items in one packet to Soraya Sohrabi, c/o Cañada College Transfer Center by the deadline, February 7, 2020, no later than 4:30 p.m.:
- Karl S. Pister Leadership Opportunity Program application (with personal statement attached - single-sided paper, no staples)
- Two letters of recommendation
- All official college transcripts (unopened)
Applicants must have applied to UCSC
Applicants must apply for financial aid by submitting the FAFSA or California Dream Act application by March 2, 2019
Contact: Soraya Sohrabi, Transfer Services Coordinator
Office: (650) 306-3493
San Mateo County Calif. Retired Teachers Association (CalRTA) Division 22 Scholarship
Deadline to apply: March 25, 2019
$1,000-$2,000 Scholarships will be awarded to students planning to attend a public or private college or university enrolled in teacher preparation programs with plans to teach at the elementary or secondary level.
Qualifications for Applicants:
- Complete application
- Currently attending Cañada College, College of San Mateo or Skyline
- Maintaining a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Planning on attending a 4-year public or private university
- Plans to enroll in a teacher preparation program
- Transferring in Fall 2019 to four-year university
Completed applications must be received by the Cañada College Financial Aid Office no later than Monday, March 25, 2019.
Completed applications may be scanned and emailed to Margie Carrington at email@example.com .
Contact Person: Lyn Chan
Peninsula Chapter ACEC Scholarship
Deadline to apply: December 20, 2019 (Postmarking)
$2500 scholarship for a student who lives in San Mateo County and is attending Cañada College.
For application and more information please click here.
|NAME OF SCHOLARSHIP||TYPE||AMOUNT||DEADLINE|
|Latina Leadership Network (LLNCCC) Scholarship||All Students||$500||October 15, 2019|
|Palo Alto Rotary Vocational Scholarship||Career/Vocational||$500-$1000||April 10, 2020|
|San Carlos Rotary Scholarship||All Students||Varies||March 27, 2020|
|Immigrants Rising Scholarship||Undocumented Students||$7000||March 8, 2019|
|Silicon Valley Community Foundation Scholarships||All Students||Varies||Varies|
|Chicana/Latina Foundation Scholarship Program||Students Who Identify as Chicana/Latina||$1500||April 8, 2019|
|Latinos In Technology Scholarship||STEM Students||$30000||November 12, 2019|
|TheDream.US Scholarship Opportunity||Immigrant Students||$14500-$29000||February 27, 2020|
|Empowered Future Teachers Scholarship||Education Majors||$10000||On Going|
|Building the Future Scholarship||Teaching Career||$5000||On Going|
|Crestmoor Scholarship||San Bruno Residents||$5000-$20000||March 3, 2020|
|Credit Sesami Financial Literacy Scholarship||US Citizens/Permanent Residents||$2500||On Going|
|Peninsula Chapter of the American Council of Engineering Companies of California Scholarship||Engineering or Land Surveying||$2000||January 22, 2020|
|Bay Area Gardener's Scholarship Foundation (BAGSF)||All Students||$1000-$2000||May 10, 2019|
|National Association of Women in Construction Founder's Scholarship||Interest in Construction||$500-$2500||February 28, 2020|
|POE Scholarships||High School & Community College Students||Varies||February 28, 2020|
|Game Developer Scholarship||All Students||$1500||December 31, 2019|
|Innovation in Education Scholarship||Citizens/Permanent Residents/Visa Holders||$500||On Going|
|Marie Calderilla Scholarship||Female Students||$20000||April 24, 2019|
|The Achievement Award Program (TAAP) Scholarship at UC Berkeley||All Students||$6000||June 1, 2019|
|180 Medical Scholarship Program||US Citizens/Permanent Residents||$1000||On Going|
|Mills-Peninsula Hospital Scholarship Program||Healthcare Majors/Careers||Varies||March 15, 2020|
|Straight North STEM Scholarship||All Students||$1000||August 15, 2020|
|Honoring Veterans Essay Competition||U.S. Military Veterans||Varies||July 1, 2019|
|MANA Scholarship||Undocumented Students||$10000||October 23, 2019|
|Gainsber Law Scholarship||All Students||$2500||August 1, 2020|
|Taylor & Ring's Victim Advocate Scholarship||All Students||$5000||June 1, 2020|
|The Emery Reddy Legal Studies Scholarship||All Students||Varies||November 30, 2019|
|CCIS Future Contractor Scholarship||Contractor Career||$750||January 31, 2019|
|Game Authority Scholarship||All Students||$1000||April 15, 2020|
|Simeone & Miller Scholarship||All Students||$1000||On Going|
|The Self-Publishing School Scholarship||All Students||$1000||On Going|
|Akkadian Labs Scholarship||All Students||$1000||January 1, 2020|
|Modesta's Spirit & Courage Scholarship||All Students||$500 - $100||December 6, 2019|
|Covers In Play Scholarship||All Students||$1000||On Going|
|The Huggable Supermom Scholarship||US Citizens/Permanent Residents||$2000||On Going|
|Real Estate Scholarships||Real Estate Majors||$1200||On Going|
|The Pursuit of Excellence (POE) Scholarship||UC Transfers||$4000-$6000||February 28, 2020|