Flex Days provide an opportunity for faculty, staff, and administrators to come together for focused professional development activities. Sessions can address all-campus/all-district issues as well as focus on more specific training.
Propose a Flex Day Session
You don’t need to wait for our proposal request. Feel free to submit a proposal or recommendation for ANY of our upcoming Flex Days! Though we cannot accommodate all requests, we will take them into careful consideration.
- Upcoming Flex Day: April 18, 2024
- Deadline for proposals: Friday, March 15
For more information, contact Ellen Young (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Frequently Asked Questions
As described in Title 5, Article 2. Flexible Calendar Operations, Section 55724
"Activities which college personnel will be engaged in during flexible staff, student and instructional improvement days may include, but need not be limited to:
- Course instruction and evaluation
- Staff development, in-service training and instructional improvement
- Program and course curriculum or learning resource development and evaluation
- Student personnel services
- Learning resource services
- Related activities, such as student advising, guidance, orientation, matriculation services, and student, faculty & staff diversity
- Departmental or division meetings, conferences and workshops, and institutional research
- Other duties as assigned by the district
- The necessary supporting activities for the above"
There are typically two Flex-Days at the beginning of each semester. The first of these days is normally a district-wide Flex Day. The second Flex Day is typically the college-wide Flex Day.
August Flex- Proposals due by the end of may the previous school year
October Flex- Proposals typically due 1st or 2nd week of September
January Flex- Proposals typically due 1st or 2nd week of December
April Flex- Propsals typically due 1st or 2nd week of March
Late proposals may still be considered, so don't hesitate to email email@example.com if you have a proposal you would like added to the calendar.
A note from the librarians! "Faculty can receive Flex credit if they meet with librarians because it fits with several of the types of activities listed in section 55724 of Title 5. Furthermore, PT faculty can use this activity for flex credit too, as long as they follow 7.11.2 in the contract. Schedule a library session now or email the librarians for any additional questions."