OverviewExtended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS) is a state-funded program that aims to help low-income and educationally disadvantaged students succeed in college. EOPS provides academic counseling and other supportive services to assist students while they attend Cañada College. To be eligible for EOPS, students must be enrolled in at least 12 units, qualify for the California College Promise Grant (CCPG), have not completed 70-degree applicable units, and have an educational disadvantage.
- Priority Registration
- Academic & Personal Counseling
- Book Vouchers
- Transportation Assistance
- Laptop Loans
- Graphing Calculator Loans
- PTK Membership Fees
- CSU & UC Transfer Application Waivers
- Food Voucher
- And much more...
- Full-time Student (12 units or more); exceptions are made for students enrolled in the Disability Resource Center Program (DRC)
- Be a California Resident (including Dreamers and AB540)
- Qualify for the California College Promise Grant (CCPG)
- Have not completed 70-degree applicable units (domestic or international)
- Meet ONE of the Educational disadvantaged criteria:
- Will take basic skills English or math or ESL or have previously enrolled in one of these classes
- high school GPA below 2.50
- not a high school graduate and does not have a GED
- first-generation college student
- member of an underrepresented group as identified in the College’s Educational Master Plan
- Follow the Mutual Responsibility Contract
- Follow your student education plan
- Complete 12 units; unless approved by EOPS for less
- Earn and maintain a 2.00 GPA
- Meet with your EOPS counselor three times per semester
- Complete progress reports
- Additionally, the time limitation to receive EOPS/CARE support services is 70-degree applicable units or 6 consecutive semesters
How to Apply
Apply for Cañada College Admission.
File a CCPG Application with the Financial Aid Office. Apply through WebSMART
Placement into English, ESL, and/or Math. Contact Assessment Services for options
Register in 9 units unless the student is enrolled in DRC
Complete an EOPS Application
Provide transcripts from any other colleges attended (if applicable)
Need Help Applying?
Have a quick question about EOPS? Request an EOPS Virtual and In Person appointment
We are offering In-person* and Virtual Drop-In sessions!
*For In-person come to the EOPS office in Building 9 Room 133 to check in.
For more information or for an application, Please contact the EOPS office: