Main ContentSection Title
EOPS/ CARE/ CalWORKs/ Former Foster Youth
What is CARE?
Cooperative Agencies Resources for Education (CARE) is also a state funded program
that helps single parents receiving county assistance from CalWORKs and TANF (Temporary
Assistance to Needy Families, formerly AFDC) succeed in college. CARE provides assistance
with child care, meals, counseling, and other types of support.
- Monthly enrollment verification to County
- Daily Food Vouchers
- Transportation Assistance
- Parenting nutrition workshops
- CARE Educational Grant (If budget permits)
- Must be eligible for EOPS Services
- Complete a CARE Application: Contact us for more information
- Be a single, head of household, and at least 18 years of age,
- Have at least one child under the age of 14, and
- Be receiving TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) or CalWORKs
In addition to meeting all EOPS responsibilities, student must also notify EOPS/CARE
office of any changes in their CalWORKs status.
Schedule a Tour