Opportunities Offered by Universities
The following is a list of virtual and in-person events offered by universities that provide opportunities for you to learn about their programs and services as well as getting support in preparation with your admission to a university.
UC Berkeley offers virtual and limited in-person Admission presentations for prospective students. For detail information and registration go to https://apply.berkeley.edu/portal/presentation. Please check periodically for updates and new events.
HAAS School of Business also offers information sessions about the Business majors.
You may visit their website for date, time and a link for registration.
Transfer Admission Guarantee - Ask us Anything
- Th. Sept. 29th, 2022 6:00 p.m. - 6:50 p.m. to register Click here
- Friday Sept. 30th, 2022 6:00 p.m. - 6:50 p.m. to register click here
UC Application PIQ
- Th. Nov. 3rd, 2022 7:00 p.m. - 7:50 p.m. To register click here
UC Application Workshop
- Th. November 10, 2022 6:00 p.m. - 6:50 p.m. To register click here.
They offer more virtual workshops. For the schedule of all available workshops and the zoom link to register, you may click here.
You may schedule in-person tours at the UC Davis Welcome Center.
UC Irvine offers presentation on the Transfer Basics in August:
- When: Every Wednesday in August at 4:00 p.m.
You mayregister here.
UCLA offers monthly transfer presentations where students can learn about UCLA and the admission process and ask questions during these webinars. The schedule to UCLA Transfer Admission virtual Presentation and campus tour is available athttps://admission.ucla.edu/visit/events, or https://connect.admission.ucla.edu/portal/virtual_transferpresentations.
The fall presentations are scheduled on the following dates:
- Virtual Transfer Admission Presentation - Friday, September 2nd at 10:00 a.m.
- Virtual Transfer Admission Presentation - Friday October 7th at 10:00 a.m.
- Virtual Transfer Admission Presentation - Friday November 4th at 10:00 a.m.
- Virtual Engineering Day - Friday November 4th from9:00 a.m to 3:30 p.m. You may register at UCLA Engineering Day registration, by Thursday, November 3, 2022.
- Virtual Transfer Admission Presentation - Friday December 2nd at 10:00 a.m.
- For additional Virtual Presentation on different topics such as selecting major, UC Personal Insight questions, and UC Application tips go to https://admission.ucla.edu/visit/events.
Open House (in-person)
On October 8th, 2022, they will host an open house that includes tours and workshops. To RSVP for this event will open in September at https://admission.ucla.edu/visit/events.
For the Campus Tour information go to: https://admission.ucla.edu/visit/campus-tours
UC San Diego offers webinars and presentations to prospective students about the programs, services and admission requirements and process. You may find information about presentations that are recorded in the past and the upcoming events at the "Prospective Transfer Event" page. you may check periodically for upcoming events.
Virtual Transfer Event offered in Summer and fall terms are available at https://admissions.sa.ucsb.edu/virtual-admissions-events
- The information about virtual events and the registration links are available at https://admissions.ucsc.edu/events
- New! A campus tour video series featuring student tour guides and campus footage.
- For undergraduate advising and advisers' Contact Information visit this Advising website.
CSU Chico offers virtual application workshops for students who are applying for Spring 2023 admission on the following dates:
- Monday, August 1, 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, August 11, 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 17, 3:30 p.m.
- Thursday, August 25, 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 31, 6:30 p.m.
You may join the workshop via zoom.
SFSU Outreach team is offering a series of virtual Workshops assisting students to complete the CSU application:
- August 30th at 6:00 p.m.
- September 6th at 12:00 p.m.
- September 15th at 6:00 p.m.
- September 29th at 6:00 p.m.
You can register for these workshops at https://your.future.sfsu.edu/calstateapplyworkshopssp2023/inquiryform.
The California Community Colleges Transfer Guarantee Agreement to Historically Black Colleges & Universities is offering a variety of webinars and social media events on different topics such as:
- Transfer Program from California Community College to HBCUs
- Academic Program-Nursing
- Academic Program-Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Pre-med
- Academic Preparation
- Funding Your HBCU Education
- And more
For date and time, and how to register for these events, you may go to https://www.californiacommunitycollegehbcutransfer.com/upcoming-events. Please check periodically for upcoming events.
CSU, UC and Private and Independent universities in California are collaboratively hosting a College Fair for all transfer students attending California Community Colleges. You will have a chance to meet with the transfer advisers at the universities and/or attend workshops to learn about their admission requirements and policies, programs, services, and more.
This will be in Fall term. Detail information and registration will be available soon.