Policies and Procedures for Receiving Funding
Registered clubs, organizations, departments, and programs requesting funding from ASCC must comply with all policies and procedures From Article IV: Financial Contracts, Section 5 ASCC Funding Request from the ASCC Constitution and Bylaws and Associated Student Body Accounting Manual: From CSIS, California School Information Services
- Events must benefit or target a maximum number of Cañada College students
- Fund allocations cannot be used for:
- Any startup cost for a specific organization or group
- Apparel or Banners
- Fundraising events
- Written in tips on receipts
- Requests turned in with less than four weeks’ notice can only be granted a maximum of $100
- A maximum amount of $2,000 can be asked for any single event
- Clubs/Organizations must contribute at the least 20% to the cost of the event
- All ASCC Funding Requests shall be approved through a majority vote of the Student Senate
The Steps to a Funding Request
- Read all the Policies and Procedures for Receiving Funding
- FOUR WEEKS IN ADVANCE to an ASCC Meeting:Fill out an ASCC Funding Request completely.
- Receive confirmation from The Center for Student Life and Leadership Development that your Funding Request is complete.
- If Funding Request is Club related, your Inter-Club Council (ICC) Representative will propose the Funding Request at the next ICC Meeting to be first approved by ICC members.
- Receive the date your Funding Request will be voted on at the ASCC meeting from The Center for Student Life and Leadership Development.
- (Optional) Go to the ASCC meeting your Funding Request is taking place on and present on your funding request.
- The Center for Student Life and Leadership Development will notify your contact person listed on your Funding Request if your Funding Request has been approved.
- Collect invoices/receipt for all things you would like to purchase for the event.
- An ASCC Requisition will be created by the club/organization treasurer.
- Attach all invoices/itemized receipts for purchases to your ASCC Requisition.
- The Treasurer of the club/organization will sign the ASCC Requisition.
- The club/organization advisor will sign the ASCC Requisition.
- The Treasurer of the club/organization will turn in the Funding Requisition to The Center for Student Life and Leadership Development (Building 5, Rm 354)
- The ASCC Treasurer will sign the ASCC Requisition.
- The Student Life and Leadership Manager will sign the ASCC Requisition.
- The Vice President of Student Services will sign the ASCC Requisition.
- The Center for Student Life and Leadership Development will send your ASCC Requisition to the Cashier’s Office.
- The Cashier’s Office will print check(s) for event.
- The Cashier’s Office will get two administrator’s signatures on check(s).
- The Cashier’s Office will contact the person on your funding requisition that your check is ready for pick up.
- Please allow up to 4 weeks to receive your reimbursement check.