Main ContentSection Title
Instruction Planning Council
Reassigned Time Process
This proposal to revise the Reassigned Time Process is informed by our Participatory
Governance Guidelines and our Instructional Planning Council Bylaws. The goal is to
ensure that decision-making procedures are as collaborative, fair, timely, and transparent
as possible. The principles and processes are outlined below.
- Reassigned Time Proposals originate with a faculty request (annual plans, program
review) or through the Administrative Planning Committee.
- By the end of September the Planning and Budgeting Council will provide an estimation
of the total amount of funding (expressed in FTEF) that can be designated for reassigned
time in the next academic year (e.g. by September 2017 IPC should project the available
FTEF for 2018-19 reassignments).
- Applications for Requests for Faculty Reassignment will be made available by Friday, September 10th. Final applications must be submitted to IPC by Deans no later than Monday, October 15th.
- IPC will finish its review of the Requests for Faculty Reassignment and provide feedback
to the Academic Senate and PBC by Friday, November 30th.
- PBC and Academic Senate will provide feedback to the Office of Instruction by the
end of the fall semester. PBC should review the requests primarily from a budgetary
perspective, and Academic Senate should focus principally on the educational merits
of the proposals.
- Informed by the feedback provided by IPC, PBC, and Academic Senate, the Office of
Instruction will announce which proposals for reassignment have been approved by Friday, February 1st.
- Office of Instruction to send out applications for Faculty interested in applying
for approved Reassigned Time positions. Applications are due by Wednesday, February 13th.
- Faculty reassignments will be determined by Friday, February 15th.
Schedule a Tour