How to Apply for Reassigned Time
1. Is the reassignment mandated by AFT contract or other agreement with the District, mandated by external agency, accreditation or grant contract?
- If YES, you do not need to complete an application for reassignment – contact your dean to establish your reassignment.
- If NO, go to 2.
2. Is the reassignment due to a class cancellation?
- If YES, you do not need to complete an application for reassignment – work with your dean to search for an alternative teaching assignment or to establish your reassignment.
- If NO, go to 3.
3. Is the reassignment for work that is covered by Appendix D1?
- If YES, this work is not eligible for reassignment – contact your dean to learn about alternative ways of accomplishing the work.
- If NO, go to 4.
4. Download and complete either the new application for reassignment, or renewal application for reassignment. You may want to examine the example application and review the rubric to see how your application will be scored.
5. The completed application for reassignment must be signed by your dean. Your Dean will then submit your application to the Office of Instruction, who will then forward it to IPC for review.
In order to provide sufficient time to accommodate instructional faculty reassignments, all applications must be submitted to the Office of Instruction prior to the time teaching requests are submitted for schedule development.
The deadline for application of reassignment that will be effective academic year
2020-2021 is November 15, 2019 to your Division Dean. Deans must review, sign and
submit final applications to the Office of Instruction by November 22, 2019.