Cañada College's Center for Student Life & Leadership Development maintains an up-to-date resource list of off-campus community housing to help ease the process of looking for a place to stay.
Although the College does not offer on-campus housing in the form of dormitories or apartments, our department does advertise your needs for finding housing or a roommate. The listings will be posted below, as well as on our Housing Board which is located right outside the Center, Building 5, Rm 354.
- Start here and fill out the form that pertains to you:
- Check out the list of available roommates and people looking for rooms at Cañada College
Housing ResourcesBesides the housing listings maintained by the Center for Student Life, there are many resources that can assist in finding housing in the San Francisco Bay Area. Below are several web sites, newspapers, and other resources that provide housing ads and listings.
- AutNo is the first apartment search engine designed for commuters and people without cars. It is also perfect for students looking to live off-campus who do not have their own car. Finding the right apartment can be difficult when you rely on public transportation. AutNo makes it easy by integrating routes and schedules from thousands of subway, bus, and rail lines.
- ApartmentList.com allows students who want to live in Redwood City to search specifically for Redwood City. For those who want to live in San Francisco can search for SF, etc.
- The equivalent of an online flea market, Craigslist has a wide variety of housing available in and around the Peninsula
- HIP Housing
- Homes.com is currently the fifth largest real estate search portal in the United States with 11 to 13 million monthly users.
- IRentToOwn specializes in rental homes that students can rent with the option of purchasing the home at the end of their leasing period
- Rent.com is one of a few free rental site that helps you find an affordable apartment.
- RentOwn Renting to own is one of the best ways to get to know your neighborhood and your house.
- SFRoomateApp is modeled after the idea of dating websites; the app connects you with others looking for roommates in San Francisco who have the same interests as you.
- San Francisco Chronicle / SFGate.com
- San Jose Mercury News / BayArea.com
- San Mateo County Times
- The San Mateo County Times focuses primarily on San Mateo County and is a good resource for those looking for housing on the Peninsula and in the East Bay
- San Mateo Daily Journal
- The San Mateo Daily Journal is one of two daily papers that have started publishing in San Mateo
- San Mateo Daily News
- The San Mateo Daily News is the other daily paper in San Mateo, and is part of the group that also publishes daily newspapers in Palo Alto, Redwood City, Burlingame, and Los Gatos
Emergency Housing Assistance
For more information on emergency housing assistance, and the process to apply: please read the Community Resource Handbook
- California Homeless Shelters And Social Services: http://www.homelessshelterdirectory.org/california.html
- County of San Mateo: Section 8 & Rental Assistance Program
- Family Shelters: http://www.homelessshelterssite.org/family-shelters.html
- Homeless shelters: http://www.homelessshelterssite.org/
- Peninsula Shelter network: http://www.shelternetwork.org/shelter/index.php
- Shelters for Women: http://www.womenshelters.org/