The Vending Commission is now accepting applications!
What is the Vending Commission?
- The Vending Commission uses money from the on-campus vending machines to provide funding for events, activities, and programs that are student focused.
- In order to qualify for funding through the Vending Commission, a program, item, or activity must benefit or target a MAXIMUM number of Cañada College students.
- The Vending Commission takes applications once a year.
Who can I apply?
- All Cañada College departments, clubs, organizations, and programs may submit this proposal to the Vending Commission for review.
How Can I Apply?
- Please fill out a Vending Commission Application BEFORE Friday, January 15th, 2016 at NOON
- (Once you click on the Vending Commission Application you will be prompted to register or log in for NoviSurvey)
- You can request up to $2500 per year
- Depending on the number of requests and kind of requests, the Vending Commission Committee will do their best to help you
- Please note funding and award letters will not be granted until Monday, January 25, 2016
What Happens if I'm Granted Funding?
- In order for an account transfer, payment, or reimbursement to occur ORIGINAL receipts need to be attached to this Funding Requisition and brought to the Center for Student Life and Leadership Development in Building 5, Room 354 10 BUSINESS DAYS after purchase
- In order for a check to be written to a vendor for purchase, please attach an invoice to this Funding Requisition and bring it to the Center for Student Life and Leadership Development in Building 5, Room 354 14 BUSINESS DAYS before check is needed
- Funds must be used BEFORE Friday, APRIL 29, 2016 at NOON
- Departments, programs, and clubs are responsible for monitoring their spending to ensure they are staying within their budget
What can I NOT use Vending Commission for?
- Attendance at conferences, meetings, retreats, field trips, or conventions that benefit only the individual club or department
- Funding a fundraiser
- Operating or start up costs for a specific club or group
- Payment of membership fees
- Individual or Group Scholarships
Past types of events and projects funded under this program have included:
- On-campus ceremonies
- Athletic programs, intramural sports, and related fitness activities
- Cultural awareness programs promoting mutual respect and appreciation for diversity
- Speakers and lectures on contemporary issues
- University Tours
- Recreational programs
- Hospitality programs and related support