slide 2
slide 3
slide 4
slide 5
slide 6
slide 7
slide 8
slide 9
slide 10
slide 11
slide 12
slide 13
slide 14
slide 15
slide 16
slide 17
slide 18
slide 19
slide 20
slide 21
slide 22
slide 23
slide 24
slide 25
slide 26
slide 27
slide 28
slide 29
slide 30
slide 31
slide 32
slide 33
slide 34

Campus Map
Find Your Way Around Campus

Class Schedule
A Complete List of Classes

Apply for Admission

Application deadlines:

July 1, 2018 for the Fall 2018 semester (August to December)
November 15, 2018 for the Spring 2019 semester (January to May)



1. Submit an online international student admissions application.

New Applicant  Returning Applicant

For more information please visit the San Mateo Community College District International Education website.

2. Submit the following supporting documents:
  • $50 Admissions Application Fee:  Payment is accepted online through Peer Transfer/Flywire.
  • Financial documents showing funds of at least $23,500 to cover the first year of expenses.
  • Proof of English proficiency: Minimum requirements include TOEFL: 480 paper-based or 56 internet-based; IELTS: 5.5; Pearson: 42; EIKEN Test, Grade 2A; completion at a partner Intensive English School; or completion of our Silicon Valley Intensive English Program.  For more information click here: SVIEP.
  • Academic transcripts from all high schools and colleges/universities attended with English translations.
  • Personal essay explaining your educational and professional goals.
  • Copy of your valid passport.

Supporting documents may be emailed to  Original transcripts must be submitted after being admitted and upon arrival at Cañada College during the International Student Orientation.  Your application and supporting documents will be evaluated and a decision will be emailed within 1-5 business days of receiving all supporting documents.  Your acceptance letter, I-20, and other important information will be mailed by DHL Global Express.

3. Once you receive your acceptance packet, you must pay a SEVIS fee at and schedule a visa interview at a U.S. Embassy in your country of residence. Find a list of U.S. embassies here: and find out visa wait times here: Bring all your supporting documents, your acceptance letter, and I-20 to the visa interview.  Canadian citizens are not required to apply for an F-1 visa at the U.S. Embassy but will request F-1 student status when entering the U.S. by presenting all supporting documents at U.S. Customs & Border Protection.

4. Upon entering the U.S., please present your passport with F-1 student visa stamp, your acceptance letter, I-20, and financial documents to the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Officer.  The CBP officer will review your documents and issue an electronic I-94 arrival/departure record as an F-1 student.  Please check your electronic I-94 record to ensure that you have been granted F-1 student status at

5. All new and transfer international students must attend a 3-day International Student Orientation starting on the program start date listed on your I-20 (2 weeks before the start of the semester).  You can find a list of important semester dates, including holidays and the end of the semester here:


International students who are currently in F-1 student status and interested in transferring to Cañada College must follow the steps above to apply for admission.  After being admitted to Cañada College, students will receive an acceptance letter and Transfer Form.  Admitted students should submit a copy of their acceptance letter and Transfer Form to your previous college/university to request a SEVIS transfer.

International transfer students who are interested in transferring credits from another U.S. college/university must first be admitted to Cañada College and register for classes before submitting a request for a transcript evaluation here:


Other non-immigrants (J-1 or H-4) or F-1 students studying at another school, who are interested in taking class(es) at Cañada College while maintaining their current immigration status must follow the steps below.

1. Submit an online Open CCC application.

2. Submit the following supporting documents by email to

  • Copy of passport
  • Copy of DS-2019 or I-20 from currently enrolled school
  • Copy of I-94 record (
  • Letter from current school approving list of approved Cañada College classes (for F-1 students only)

Students on non-immigrant visas are required to pay the enrollment fee, the nonresident fee, and all other required fees.  Non-immigrants on a tourist visa (B-1/B-2) are not eligible to study at any California community college.


Prospective students on a non-immigrant visa (B-2 or J-1) who are interested in changing immigration status to F-1 student visa without leaving the U.S., must follow the steps above on how to apply for admission to Cañada College.  The International Student Center can assist you in submitting a Change of Status (COS) application to USCIS, as long as you submit the COS application to USCIS at least three months before the start of the semester.  Please call or email for additional information on how to submit a Change of Status application.



The International Student Center follows all privacy laws regarding student records privacy.  For more information about your privacy rights as student, please visit