Notetakers are volunteers who agree to share their notes with a peer in the classroom.
Incentives for Notetakers:
- Notetakers are able to place their role as a note taker for DRC on their resume for future jobs.
- They will also be eligible to receive $100 stipend a semester, per a class. There is no limit to how many classes they can take notes for ever semester!
Important Information for Faculty:
- Students and professors are responsible for finding a notetaker. If a notetaker cannot be found, please contact a DRC counselor to brainstorm an alternative accommodation.
- For faculty who practice Universal Design, these note taker's notes may be published on Canvas for ALL students in the class who may require another set of notes to help them study.
Here are the options for delivery of notes for notetakers:
- A hard copy of notes will be given directly to DRC (copy will be made free of charge in the DRC office)
- An electronic copy of notes will be emailed directly to DRC (e.g. WORD document, scanned copy of notes, pictures of notes)
- An electronic copy of the notes will be uploaded to an online file sharing platform (e.g. Google Drive, Dropbox) where it will be shared with the DRC and the professor.
- An electronic copy of the notes will be uploaded to an online file sharing platform (e.g. Google Drive, Dropbox) where it will be shared directly with the STUDENT.
- Notetaker will be able to make another suggestion for delivery
Sometimes students who require notes from a peer want to disclose their identity to their notetaker, so they can collect the notes from them right after the class is over. If this is the case, we do require the notetaker to complete the Confidentiality Agreement (that can also be found on the "Forms" page. A breech of this agreement will result in immediate termination, disciplinary action from the college, and even legal action against the notetaker.
However, when the student requiring the notes does not feel comfortable revealing their identity, the notetaker will deliver the notes directly to DRC or the professor, so that we can deliver them to the student without compromising their privacy.
Here is the notetaker checklist:
In order to receive $100,you must:
- Be enrolled in at least 7 units
- Be authorized to work in the United States (social security number)
- International students can also be paid, as long as they can provide a copy of the
- Origin I-20
- Foreign Passport
- International students can also be paid, as long as they can provide a copy of the following:
- Submit the ASSISTANT WELCOME PACKET (Will be provided by DRC)
- Submit I-9 form (Will be provided by DRC)
- Confidentiality Agreement form (if DRC student would like to have their