Celebrate National Disability Employment Awareness Month 2021
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you know what practice and activities are included by employment nondiscrimination requirements?
- Do you know who is protected from employment discrimination?
- Do you know what you should do if you're discriminated against in a workplace due to your disabilities?
- Do you know where you can request an accommodation if you work in the SMCCD?
If you don't know the answers to these questions, download our flyer and learn about YOUR rights as an employee.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start using Otter.ai to stress less about notes and focus more on class!
WHAT IS OTTER?
Otter is a dictation app that takes your live recordings and transcribes them into editable notes.
HOW DO I GET OTTER?
PLEASE FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING STEPS
1. CLICK HERE to fill out a form for Otter and other cool educational tech.
2. In the form under the section titled "I am interested in technology for," type in "Otter" under “Other." (CLICK HERE for more details.)
3. Submit your form.
National Federation of the Blind of California
2021 Scholarship Application
The NFB of California is awarding up to 3 scholarships to California undergraduate students with visual impairments.
To read more about elegibility requirements and application details, please check out https://ulwxastpyh.formstack.com/forms/nfbc_scholarship_form.
Scholarship deadline: Saturday, October 9th at 11:59pm.
Click here to read more about the NFB of California and its resources.
Superfest is the longest running disability film festival in the world and this October 15-17 will offer 21 accessible films for screening at any time throughout the weekend, plus other live programs and discussions.
Tickets start at free, so please check it out if you’re interested and we can share our favorite films after!
Check out the Facebook event page: https://fb.me/e/225yjpQ4R
To view the lineup, visit: http://www.superfestfilm.com/2021-films
Passes are on sale now, sold on a sliding scale starting at $0: http://www.superfestfilm.com/superfest-2021
Click here to download as pdf.
Photo description: Text reads: Superfest Disability Film Festival. Celebrating 35 years. Get your virtual tickets at superfestfilm.com. October 15, 16, 17. ASL, captioning, and audio description provided. Free tickets available. On the image there are multiple circles of various film stills. One features an illustration of a white woman with Down syndrome wearing a multicolor shirt, one features a drawing of a blind Japanese woman, and another features a Black woman dancing.
FALL 2021 DRCSA Leadership Recruitment
- Are you interested in academic equity?
- Do you want to make a positive different?
- Are you looking to volunteer?
- Do you want to build your resume?
If your answer to any of these questions is YES, then we welcome you to join our AWESOME DRCSA team! We at DRCSA (short for the Disability Resource Center Student Ambassador Intiative) support students with disabilities and advocate for academic equity on camups.
If you're interested in joining us, please click here to fill out our application form and come meet us at our virtual Zoom meetings every Friday from 2:00pm to 3:00pm. We hope to see you there!
Questions? Feel free to send us an email at email@example.com.
Leadership Class 2021
Only 6 synchronous class sessions!
Only offered in the Fall Semester!
Honors CRN 96728
Mondays 3:30 - 6:00pm
Michiko Misha Kealoha
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us from August 9th-13th for The JAMS at Cañada College!
What are the JAMS?
A week-long intensive "mini course" to prepare you for your fall semester courses.
What subjects are offered?
Math, physics, and English (grammar, writing, and ESL).
Where will they be held?
All three JAMS have virutal sessions BUT some sections have a hy-flex (virutal and in-person) option.
Check out canadacollege.edu/jam for more information.
How to Register:
Sign up at canadacollege.edu/jam.
We hope to see you there!
YOU DON'T HAVE TO HURT ALONE.
If you are a registered Cañada student or staff
member, you are elegible for CAÑADA TALKNOW,
a 24/7 FREE REMOTE counseling service.
Visit https://canadacollege.edu/pcc/ for more
We’re here to listen.
Whether it’s a weekend, a holiday, or the middle
of the night, we are here for you because
YOUR STRUGGLES MATTER TO US.
For disability-related accomodations, email
email@example.com or call (650) 306-3234.
Join us on August 3rd and 4th for COLTS-CON at Cañada College!
At this 2 day VIRTUAL event you will:
- Meet other students who will be taking the same virtual classes as you!
- Explore college life with fun online activities!
- Build connections with faculty, staff, peer mentors, and supportive campus programs!
- Learn how to pay for college, find support on campus, and learn skills to master your classes!
- Ask your questions directly to current students!
- Tuesday, August 3rd from 9:30am to 2:30pm
- Wednesday, August 4th from 9:30am to 3pm
To RSVP, please visit https://canadacollege.edu/coltscon.
The DRC is currently hiring!
- a creative thinker?
- a team player?
- or someone who likes helping people?
If your answer to any of these questions is YES, then we'd LOVE to hear from you!
- DRC Student Ambassador
- Specialized Tutors
- DRC Technical Assistants
- DRC Mentor
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org interested OR for more information.
- Click here to visit our Spring 2021 Announcements Archive.
- Click here to visit our Fall 2020 Announcements Archive.