Learning Disability Services

Cañada College Learning Disabilities Program can provide support services and academic accommodations to students who have documentation of a specific learning disability from another school or professional. In addition, diagnostic assessment may be available for appropriately referred students who come to the DRC.


For information on what a learning disability in please go to our What is a Learning Disability page.


To qualify for accommodations and services as a student with a learning disability a student needs to do the following:

  1. If you have previously been assessed for learning disabilities by another college, community agency, or high school, please submit a copy of that paperwork. This can include a psychoeducational report, IEP or 504 plan.
  2. Schedule an appointment with a DRC counselor or director by calling 650-306-3259.
  3. The DRC Staff will evaluate your educational background, possible symptoms of a learning disability, and previous assessments that may have been done, and determine whether further assessment is necessary.



If you have any question about the process, or whether an initial LD assessment screening is warranted, email or call Jenna French, Learning Disability Specialist/DSPS Counselor, at frenchj@smccd.edu.