If you are concerned about a student on campus or in the classroom, you should report it to the Canada CARES Team.
Reminder: If it is an EMERGENCY, call 9-1-1.

Please contact the CARES Team in the following situations:

  • Personal safety is a concern
  • A student's behavior indicates acute personal distress
  • There is a pattern of disruptive or disturbing behavior

There are two processes which can be used to make reports about students.

  1. There are several locations on campus where you can report concerns you have about distressed behaviors of your fellow students. These offices include:

    Public Safety
    Building 22
    (650) 738-7000

    Counseling Services
    Building 9, First Floor

    Vice President, Student Services
    Building 8, Room 209

  2. There is an on-line report system where you can report students with distressed behaviors.

    File a CARES Report.

    What Happens to Your Report: Your report will be sent to the Vice President, Students Services Office and will be reviewed by the CARES Team. You, the reporter, will not be revealed to the student of concern.