District Innovation Fund Proposals
FY 2016/2017 Innovation Programs
After a thorough review at the campus and District level, Cañada College received District Innovation Funds for 2 programs:
- Cañada Jams Programs ($300,000)
- College for Working Adults ($300,000)
If you have any questions about the Innovation Fund proposal process, please contact the Vice President for your respective area.
Innovation Fund Proposal Process
The District is providing funding for innovative and effective programs that support the SMCCCD strategic goals and strategies for the 2016/2017 fiscal year. The college has an opportunity to submit proposals for funding to support new programs or to 'scale up' existing effective programs. This funding is an exciting opportunity for the college to increase highly collaborative, impactful, and innovative projects on our campus.
Innovation funds are awarded through a competitive process that involves a campus level review and district level review. Funds awarded will be on-going and require annual reports to the district.
Submit a Proposal for Consideration!
We encourage our campus community to submit proposals for consideration. The criteria for proposals includes:
- New program/initiative, or scale-up an existing effective program/initiative
- Addresses a demonstrated need
- Identifies how students will be impacted (even if an indirect impact)
- Supports at least one of the District Strategic Plan goals
- How project is connected to current college efforts
- How collaborations occur with other departments
- How the proposal engages multiple stakeholders in the college
- Identifies metrics that support the District Strategic Plan
- Describes a clear method of measuring impact (metrics)
These Tips for Writing SMART Goals may be helpful with your proposals.
For questions about the District Innovation Fund proposals process, please contact the VP for your respective area.