District Vehicle Use
San Mateo County Community College District (SMCCCD) vehicles are available for use by Cañada College Administrators, Staff, and Faculty to transport faculty/staff and students to official college-related activities.
- You must be a San Mateo County Community College District employee to drive District vehicles.
- You must possess a valid California State Driver’s license.
- You must be cleared by enrollment in the Employee Pull Notice program of having a clean driving record.
Employee Pull Notice (EPN)
The EPN program is a way for SMCCCD to make sure that employees who drive District vehicles are doing so safely and legally. The program allows SMCCCD to track the driving records of employees who drive District vehicles. This helps to improve public safety and reduce liability for the District by ensuring that employees have valid driver's licenses and identifying any problematic driving behaviors. The Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) will notify SMCCCD of any subsequent changes to the driving records of the enrolled employees.
How to Enroll
- Read and complete the DMV EPN form.
- Submit the form by email to CanDistrictVehicle@smccd.edu.
- Once enrolled, enrollment in the program is ongoing, you do not need to renew your enrollment.
Request Use of District Vehicle
To reserve a vehicle, send the request by email with the following information below to CanDistrictVehicle@smccd.edu, at least 3 weeks prior to the date of the event.
- Title the email subject line ‘Request use of District Vehicle’.
- Event name
- Date of use
- Time of the event
- Time vehicle will be picked up/ returned to campus
- Driver name(s)
- Passenger name(s)
- Read and understand the SMCCCD Motor Vehicle Operations and Safety Guidelines.
- Read and the understand the SMCCCD Board Policy 8.45 Transportation on District-Sponsored Activities
Note: In the event of an accident involving a SMCCCD vehicle, you must complete the Report of Accident form and notify your supervisor and Cañada College Business Office immediately. Email the form to CanDistrictVehicle@smccd.edu.