Mental Health Resources
Here are the contact phone numbers if you have Medi-Cal Insurance, Health Plan of San Mateo, or are uninsured, some providers have contracted providers or use Telehealth services such as Teledoc.
Please ask your insurance provider if you can use these services.
- San Mateo County Mental Health ACCESS: 1-800-686-0101
- If you have Kaiser Insurance: Kaiser Redwood City: (650) 299-4777
- If you have Aetna: 1-855-772-9076
- If You have Blue Shield of California: 510-607-2000
- If Anthem Blue Cross:1-800-331-1476
Community Counseling Centers
- One Life Counseling: 650-394-5155;
- Starvista Counseling Center: 650-355-8787
- Open Paths Collective: https://openpathcollective.org/
- NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness is the National Alliance on Mental Illness, the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness.
- Wellness Central: Your health and wellness are important and connected to your ability to succeed as a student. Wellness Central is a free online health and wellness resource that is available 24/7 in your space at your pace.
- From mental health to medical care, TimelyCare provides the virtual care students need.
- On-demand 24/7, mental and emotional support, health literacy guidance, and crisis management by masters-level behavioral health professionals. Timely Care
- Alcoholics Anonymous: Alcoholics Anonymous offers support for those who seek to overcome alcoholism. Alcoholic Anonymous
- Alcohol Rehab Help: Alcohol Rehab Help is an informational web guide created for people struggling with alcohol use disorders (AUD) and co-occurring mental health disorders. Alcohol Rehab
- Narcotics: Alcohol Rehab Help is an informational web guide created for people struggling with alcohol use disorders (AUD) and co-occuring mental health disorders. Narcotics
- Food Addicts in Recovery: Food Addicts in Recovery Anonymous (FA) offers relief from the symptoms of eating disorders and guidance on living recovery. Food Addicts Recovery
- Asian American Mental Health Forum
- Asian American and Pacific Islander |NAMI: National Alliance on Mental Illness
Al-Anon and Alateen:
- AI-Anon: A mutual support program for people whose lives have been affected by someone else’s drinking. By sharing common experiences and applying the Al-Anon principles, families and friends of alcoholics can bring positive changes to their individual situations, whether or not the alcoholic admits the existence of a drinking problem or seeks help.
- Alateen: A part of the Al-Anon Family Groups, is a fellowship of young people (mostly teenagers) whose lives have been affected by someone else’s drinking whether they are in your life drinking or not. By attending Alateen, teenagers meet other teenagers with similar situations. Alateen is not a religious program and there are no fees or dues to belong to it.
Resources for Veterans:
- SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) Veteran
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) Veterans Resource Center
- Department of Veteran Affairs
General Resources Domestic Violence
- CORA: Cora Community Overcoming Relationship Abuse is the only agency in San Mateo County solely dedicated to helping those affected by intimate partner abuse. From counseling, to emergency housing, to legal assistance, our services are designed to provide safety, support, and healing.
- La Casa de Las Madres: La Casa de Las Madres acts boldly to create a community where violence against women and children is not tolerated. We envision a society in which all individuals and families have equal access to basic resources and asset-building opportunities. We envision a future where safety and respect in intimate relationships are the norm.
RAPE / Trauma
- Rape Trauma Services: Rape Trauma Services (RTS) works to prevent sexual assault, end cycles of violence, and support trauma survivors.
- Rape Trauma Recovery Center: Serving adult survivors of interpersonal violence and traumatic loss, we provide respectful, compassionate, and effective mental health and support services.
- CDC: Centers for Disease Control & Prevention has a information and advice on health related topics and issues.
- Planned Parenthood: Planned Parenthood offers healthcare services in the community.