At the Personal Counseling Center (PCC), we believe that a successful college experience requires a sense of emotional well-being. To this end, we offer FREE mental health services. Our personal counselors are licensed therapists or trainees who are supervised by our licensed therapists.
TO REQUEST ONE-ON-ONE THERAPY SESSIONS for yourself or someone else, please visit our "Sign up or refer a student" page and submit the appropriate form. We'll be in touch within 3 business days.
Certain situations require immediate attention, such as: suicidal feelings; having difficulty controlling the urge to hurt yourself or someone else.
Hot Lines (Very Urgent/Emergency)
- For life-threatening situations call 911
- San Mateo County Psychiatric Emergency Services: 650-573-2662
- San Francisco County Psychiatric Emergency Services: 415-206-8125
- Santa Clara County Emergency Psychiatric Services: 408-885-6100
- Trevor Project: call 1-866-488-7386 OR text START to 678-678 24/7 get support for LGBTQ+ youth OR visit https://www.thetrevorproject.org/get-help/
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
Warm Lines (Just need someone to talk to)
- Star Vista: (650) 579-0350; (800) 273-8255
- Crisis Text Line: Text "COURAGE" To: 741741 for a text-based, volunteer-run support service
- CA Warm Line: call 855-845-7415 for non-emergency mental services for anyone in California
Cañada TalkNow is available to all registered students registered Cañada College. No matter where you are, we want to give you the support you need and deserve. Please note that Cañada TalkNow is via VIDEO ONLY. No phone or text sessions available.Click on the "Cañada TalkNow" button below to sign up for a FREE 24/7 REMOTE counseling service, sponsored by TimelyCare.
4200 Farm Hill Blvd., Redwood City, CA
Atten: PCC Building 5, Room 303
Phone: (650) 381-3573
Fax: (650) 306-3185
Front Office Staff Hours
- Monday: 9am-4:30pm
- Tuesday: 9am-4:30pm
- Wednesday: 9am-4:30pm
- Thursday: 9am-4:30pm
- Friday: 9am-2pm
- Monday :11am-5pm
- Tuesday: 11am-8pm
- Wednesday: 10am to 5pm
- Thursday: 10am to 5pm
- Friday: 5pm to 7:30pm