Quality Online Teaching & Learning Training
The Quality Online Teaching & Learning Training, or QOTL, is an in-house certification program for SMCCCD faculty to learn how to teach online and/or hybrid courses. QOTL was first offered in the Summer of 2017 and will be offered three times each year--once during the Fall, Spring and Summer semesters. The course is offered 100% online and the objectives of QOTL are outlined below.
At the completion of QOTL, participants will be able to:
- Design an accessible online or hybrid course in Canvas while applying the OEI Course Design Rubric.
- Assess new or existing course materials for accessibility and revise as needed.
- Construct a course that meets the needs of online or hybrid students, specifically in the area of Regular Effective Contact.
Are you interested in the next QOTL training?
Upcoming QOTL 1 Offerings
- Fall 2023: September 25 - November 6
- Spring 2024: April 1 - May 13
- Summer 2024: June 3 - July 15
Email Nada Nekrep (firstname.lastname@example.org) to sign up for an upcoming QOTL 1 offering.