Cañada Course Template
Using the Cañada Course Template is the easiest way to get a new course set up and ready to go in Canvas!
The Cañada Course Template includes the following customizable resources, all of which are best practices in an effective, accessible, digital classroom environment:
- Homepage template
- Accessible Syllabus template
- Student Technical Support module
- Comprehensive Getting Started module
- Content Module template that can be duplicated as many times as needed
- Individual resource templates such as Pages, Discussions, and Assignments
Ready to get started? If you are ready to import the Cañada Course Template, navigate
to the Canvas Commons and search for “Cañada Templates - Full Course Template,” then select the Import button
and the destination course shell. Watch the Canvas Commons Overview Video (3 minutes) for more inforamiton on importing content from the Commons.
Need a bit more information?
Course Template Quick Guides
- Course Imports & Date Adjustments (3 minutes)
- Setting Up Your Course Structure (7 minutes)
- Customizing the Course Navigation Menu (3 minutes)
- Managing Course Start & End Dates (3 minutes)
- Publish & Unpublish As Needed (3 minutes)
- Viewing Your Course As a Student (4 minutes)
- Setting Up the Attendance Tool (4 minutes)
- Adding an Image to Your Course Card (1 minute)
- Duplicating Items in Canvas (1 minute)
- Adding a Section for Students Finishing Incompletes (3 minutes)