Learning Center Orientations
Orientations for all classes are offered at the beginning or every new semester. A campus wide email will be sent out during the first week with instructions on how to sign up.
During COVID times, orientations will be held remotely through Zoom. Instructors can choose from several options depending on the amount of support and information they would like. This includes short 5-20 minute introductions, to more in depth explanations covering additional topics such as Zoom, college website, Canvas and email. For booking please visit: https://canadalearningcenter.setmore.com/
If you have any special requests or additions, please list them in the Booking Notes. Thank you
Additional questions about Learning Center Orientations may be directed to Jonathan MacSwain email@example.com 650-306-3468.
Proctoring Services and Guidelines
(Currently suspended during Covid)
The Learning Center offers make-up and missed exam proctoring services for Cañada College in-class, online and hybrid courses. Unfortunately, we do not currently proctor exams from Skyline or CSM. Our proctoring area is located adjacent to the front counter of the Learning Center, and is separated from the main lab by half-wall partitions. This means noise level and traffic will vary by time of day. Ear-plugs are provided, but please warn your students it can get loud during peak times.
- Proctoring is primarily for make-up and missed exams. Proctoring for entire class sections (e.g. midterms or finals) must be arranged prior to the start of the semester.
- All exams must be dropped off and picked up in person. We proctor over 600 exams per semester, and do not accept tests via email. It is the instructor's responsibility to print enough copies for their students, and pick up exams when they are completed.
- The Learning Center now has four computers available in the testing area for online and typed response exams.
- A test proctoring instruction sheet must be filled out and completed for all exams. Student names should be provided when available.
- Learning Center staff will follow directions on instruction sheet, and contact instructors in the event of discrepancies.
- All students must show photo identification (driver's license, state id, student body card, etc.).
- Students will be required to log in with their G# to test, and will log out when finished.
- Students are ultimately responsible for keeping their own time (we will let them know how much time the tests allow, and remind them if possible).
- No unauthorized electronic devices are allowed in the testing area.
- In the event cheating is suspected, Learning Center staff will confiscate the exam and provide notes about the occurrence.
If you have any questions or would like clarification about Learning Center Proctoring, please contact Jonathan MacSwain firstname.lastname@example.org 650-306-3468
Do you have a great student in your class? They might make a great tutor! This is a paid position on campus ($15.00/hr starting), with flexible hours.
Potential tutors exhibit some of the following traits:
- Works well with others
- Willingness to help
- Solid understanding of the material (B's or better)
Recommend a Student