General Fitness Tips
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, "regular, frequent exercise is one of the most important things you can do for your health." Just a few of the health benefits garnered from a minimum of 30 minutes of exercise, 5 days per week are:
Reduced risk of heart disease
Healthy blood pressure
A normal blood lipid (cholesterol and triglyceride) profile
Decreased risk of stroke
Reduced risk of type 2 diabetes
Decreased chance of colon and breast cancer
- About.com Exercise – Exercise for Beginners, Setting Goals
- About.com Exercise – Are your exercise goals ‘SMART’?
- Mayo Clinic – Stay motivated by setting goals and choosing activities you enjoy.
- About.com Exercise – Basic Workout Plan
- Livestrong.com – Basic Exercise Plan
- ACE - Exercise Library
- Mayo Clinic - Fitness Basics