Cañada College Fitness Center Mission Statement
Exemplifying the ideals of Cañada College and the Department of Kinesiology, Athletics
and Dance, the Cañada College Fitness Center’s mission is to provide students with
opportunities to develop physically, mentally, emotionally and socially through participation
in an inclusive fitness program/class. The objective of the Fitness Center is to
create a safe and fun environment that supports:
- Lifetime appreciation of physical activity and fitness.
- Creation of lifelong participants and benefactors of physical activity and physical
- Development of a long-term relationship with Cañada College and its community.
- Cultivation of an understanding that both physical activity and physical fitness are
intimately related to health and well-being.
- Acquisition of knowledge that allows students to confidently and safely function in
a fitness setting.
- An understanding of the basic principles of fitness.
- Recognition that daily physical activity is one of the most important components of a healthy, fulfilling life.