Each year, the three colleges of the San Mateo County Community College District (SMCCCD) -- Cañada College, College of San Mateo, and Skyline College -- award institutional scholarships to new, continuing, and transfer students. The scholarship awards are based on academic achievement, financial need or specific interests such as clubs, athletics, and service.
Funding for our scholarships comes from contributions to San Mateo County Community Colleges Foundation. The Foundation is the colleges' partner in promoting student success at our colleges and in ensuring that quality, affordable higher education is available to every member of our community. It is due to the ongoing generosity of donors since the Foundation's inception in 1966 that many thousands of students have attended college and realized a better life. Contributions to the Foundation are received from many sources: individuals (including Cañada College, College of San Mateo, and Skyline alumni, faculty, and staff), businesses, civic groups, community organizations, and other foundations. Learn more about the San Mateo County Colleges Foundation here.
Cañada College Scholarships
The 2021-2022 SMCCCD scholarship application is CLOSED.
The application deadline was March 2, 2021 at 11:59 PM
If you will be attending any of the SMCCCD colleges next year, plan to apply for our 2022-2023 Scholarship Cycle. The Application will open on November 1, 2021.
The Cañada Financial Aid Office would like to congratulate the recipients of the 2019-2020
Cañada Scholarship! Please join us in congratulating the winners!
- SVCF Latinos in Technology Scholarship: http://www.siliconvalleycf.org/scholarships/latinos-technology-scholarship
- STEM Center Scholarship page: http://www.canadacollege.edu/stemcenter/scholarships.php
- See list of funding opportunities for Non-U.S. Citizens. Published by the National Association of Fellowship Advisors (NAFA); includes applications for an array of nationally competitive and merit-based scholarships.
- Immigrants Rising - List of scholarships that don't require proof of U.S. citizenship or legal permanent residence. This carefully researched list contains 52 pages of up-to-date information about scholarships available for immigrant students that don't have U.S. citizenship or legal permanent residency as well as advice and tips for writing winning scholarship applications.
- EngineeringDegree.com/Scholarships - a comprehensive database of scholarships for anyone interested in pursuing an engineering degree
- Scholarships for California Students - Since 2003, StudentScholarships.org has been providing scholarship management services for companies, as well as a comprehensive database of scholarships for students.
- MALDEF - Mexican-American Legal Defense and Education Fund Scholarship List - A list of scholarships for all students regardless of immigration status. http://maldef.org/leadership/scholarships
- Latino College Dollars, Scholarships for California's Latino Students Directory (current) - The Latino College Dollars Scholarship Directory contains clear information on more than 300 scholarships targeting Latino high school, undergraduate, and graduate students across the United States. A guide on how to apply for scholarships in both Spanish and English is included in the directory. For the ease of students and parents, scholarship listings are categorized by education level, deadline, minimum GPA, by whether citizenship is required as well as by region. The online directory is searchable by key categories such as grade level, grade point average (GPA) and citizenship at http://www.latinocollegedollars.org.
Scholarship Search Engines:
College student scholarships are scholarships awarded to students who are currently attending or are about to attend college.
Search more than 8,000 scholarships, fellowships, grants, and other financial aid award opportunitie
Scholarships & Aid
Scholarships, other financial aid and internships
Fund your education with verified new scholarships
Huge Database 1.5 Million+ College Scholarships.
Financial Aid/Scholarships for International Students
Many Scholarships do not require proof of citizenship. Use Immigrants Rising's Scholarship Lists to identify scholarships that you are eligible to apply.
Grants, scholarships, loan programs, and other information to assist college and university students in their pursuit to study abroad.
Free College Scholarship Search & Financial Aid Information Resource.
Helps students connect with transfer scholarships.
Free way to get access to more than 6 million college scholarships
SVCF administers scholarship programs for high school seniors, college and graduate students, re-entry students, and vocational and technical school students.
Free access to over 7 million scholarships.
CCCSFAAA Student Scholarship
Deadline to apply: TBD
Please see the CCCSFAAA Scholarship Application here. This is an annual $500 scholarship provided by the statewide financial aid association. Each applicant must submit a statement of candidacy that includes:
- Special circumstance and/or unusual hardship
- Educational and career goals
- Why they have chosen these goals
- Any community involvement or leadership roles which they may have had
Attention UC Santa Cruz Students: $20,000 Karl S. Pister Leadership Opportunity Award Program at UC Santa Cruz
Deadline to Apply: Friday, February 5, 2021
This scholarship is for outstanding UC-qualified junior-level community college students to complete their undergraduate studies at UC Santa Cruz. The program provides a $20,000 scholarship distributed over two years, mentoring and academic support, and assistance finding paid or volunteer summer work experience.
Submit these items in one packet to Soraya Sohrabi, c/o Cañada College Transfer Center by the deadline.
- Karl S. Pister Leadership Opportunity Program application (with personal statement attached - single-sided paper, no staples)
- Two letters of recommendation
- All official college transcripts (unopened)
Applicants must have applied to UCSC
Applicants must apply for financial aid by submitting the FAFSA or California Dream Act application by March 2,2021
Contact: Soraya Sohrabi, Transfer Services Coordinator
Office: (650) 306-3493
San Mateo County Calif. Retired Teachers Association (CalRTA) Division 22 Scholarship
Deadline to apply: TBD
$1,000-$2,000 Scholarships will be awarded to students planning to attend a public or private college or university enrolled in teacher preparation programs with plans to teach at the elementary or secondary level.
Qualifications for Applicants:
- Complete application
- Currently attending Cañada College, College of San Mateo or Skyline
- Maintaining a minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Planning on attending a 4-year public or private university
- Plans to enroll in a teacher preparation program
- Transferring in Fall 2021 to four-year university
Completed applications must be received by the Cañada College Financial Aid Office by the deadline.
Completed applications may be scanned and emailed to the financial aid office at email@example.com
Contact Person: Lyn Chan
Peninsula Chapter ACEC Scholarship
Deadline to apply: Wednesday, January 13, 2021
$2500 scholarship for a student who lives in San Mateo County and is attending Cañada College.
For application and more information Engineering or Land Surveying please click here.
Questions? Contact Contact Person: Stephanie Reed
Phone: (916) 441-7991
|NAME OF SCHOLARSHIP||TYPE||AMOUNT||DEADLINE|
|Latina Leadership Network (LLNCCC) Scholarship||All Students||$500||TBD|
|Palo Alto Rotary Vocational Scholarship||Career/Vocational||$500-$1000||April 9, 2021|
|San Carlos Rotary Scholarship||All Students||Varies||March 26, 2021|
|Immigrants Rising Scholarship||Undocumented Students||$7000||TBD|
|Silicon Valley Community Foundation Scholarships||All Students||Varies||Varies|
|Chicana/Latina Foundation Scholarship Program||Students Who Identify as Chicana/Latina||$1500||March 31,2021|
|Latinos In Technology Scholarship||STEM Students||$30000||TBD|
|TheDream.US Scholarship Opportunity||Immigrant Students||$14500-$29000||February 25,2021|
|Crestmoor Scholarship||San Bruno Residents||$5000-$20000||March 2,2021|
|Credit Sesami Financial Literacy Scholarship||US Citizens/Permanent Residents||$2500||On Going|
|National Association of Women in Construction Founder's Scholarship||Interest in Construction||$500-$2500||TBD|
|POE Scholarships||High School & Community College Students||Varies||February 28,2021|
|Gainsber Law Scholarship||All Students||$2500||August 1,2021|
|Innovation in Education Scholarship||Citizens/Permanent Residents/Visa Holders||$500||On Going|
|Marie Calderilla Scholarship||Female Students||$20000||TBD|
|The Achievement Award Program (TAAP) Scholarship at UC Berkeley||All Students||$6000||May 9,2021|
|180 Medical Scholarship Program||US Citizens/Permanent Residents||$1000||On Going|
|Mills-Peninsula Hospital Scholarship Program||Healthcare Majors/Careers||Varies||TBD|
|The Pursuit of Excellence (POE) Scholarship||UC Transfers||$4000-$6000||February 28,2021|
|The Huggable Supermom Scholarship||US Citizens/Permanent Residents||$2000||On Going|
|The Emery Reddy Legal Studies Scholarship||All Students||Varies||November 30th (annually)|
|CCIS Future Contractor Scholarship||Contractor Career||$750||January 31,2021|
|Akkadian Labs Scholarship||All Students||$1000||TBD|
|Simeone & Miller Scholarship||All Students||$1000||On Going|
|Little Bundle Supermom Scholarship-College Award||All Students||Varies||On Going|
|The Chairish "Design Your Future" Scholarship||All Students||$2500||On Going|
|The Kreeger Law||All Students||$1000||On Going|
|Test Prep Insight||All Students||$1500||November 30,2021|
|"Test Yourself" Scholarship From STDLab||All Students||$1500||On Going|
|Radiology Scholarship||Radiology||$1000||July 30,2021|
|San Mateo Credit Union's 2021 Educational Scholarship||All Students||$5000||March 19,2021|
|Hispanic Foundation of Silicon Valley - Latinos in Technology Scholarship||STEM||$30000||March 19,2021|