President's Student Leadership Award
Each year, the President’s Student Leadership Award is presented to a graduating student for exemplary leadership and scholarship. The
recipient is selected from nominations received from faculty, staff and students of
the Cañada community. The 2018 nomination process is now open!
The award recipient will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Contributes in a meaningful way(s) to the lives of students, his/her community, and/or
- develops, pursues, and achieves personal educational goals,
- demonstrates leadership qualities that represent the values and mission of the College,
- achieved a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.8 or higher,
- is a graduating student in Summer 2017, Fall 2017, or Spring 2018.
The 2018 nomination process is closed. Recipient will be announced in mid-May.
Past President's Leadership Award Recipients
- 2017 Andrea Chlarson Johnson
- 2016 Jessica Susan Rose
- 2015 Sarahi Salamanca Espinoza
- 2014 Nikita Michelson
- 2013 Doris Vargas
- 2012 Tristan Sheldon
- 2011 Xochitl Rios
- 2010 Violeta Crow
- 2009 Ashley Cohen and Alex Maldonado-Garcia
- 2008 Noel Chavez