Business Information Worker (BIW)
The Business Information Worker (BIW) Certificate of Achievement is designed to prepare students for entry-level office and administrative support in a variety of fields or businesses. Coursework includes core Business and Computer Business Office Technology (CBOT) courses and the curriculum was developed with local employers. The certificate leads to an industry-recognized credential (specifically it is recognized by California employers and Manpower, a global staffing agency), and gives students a skill set that is in demand from Silicon Valley employers.
Essential components of the BIW curriculum include a solid foundation in Microsoft Windows, Outlook and MS Office software, as well as strong digital and web literacy skills. Most courses in the certificate can be taken in person or online, and several of the courses are only a half semester in length, allowing for an accelerated path for program completion.
Business Information Worker (BIW) - Certificate of Achievement (18 units)
- BUS 101: Human Relations in the Workplace (3 units)
- BUS 103: Introduction to Business Information Systems (3 units)
- BUS 401: Business Communications (3 units)
- CBOT 415: Beginning Computer Keyboarding (1.5 units)
- CBOT 435: Spreadsheets (3 units)
- CBOT 448: Using Microsoft Windows (1.5 units)
- CBOT 475: Using Outlook (1.5 units)
- CBOT 472: Beginning Word Processing (1.5 units), OR
- CBOT 474: Intermediate Word Processing (1.5 units)