Fall Counseling Hours
Monday: 8:30 am - 6:00 pm
Tuesday: 8:30 am - 6:00 pm
Wednesday: 8:30 am - 7:00 pm
Thursday: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Friday: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
At the Personal Counseling Center (PCC) at Cañada College, we believe that a successful college experience requires, as its foundation, a sense of emotional well-being. To this end, we offer a safe and trusting environment to facilitate mental health care by providing the following type of supportive psychotherapy for registered students at no charge:
How to make an appointment to speak with a personal counselor:
Appointments can be made in one of three ways:
- Call or walk in to the Wellness Center and request an appointment. You will be asked for contact information as well as your availability. The Wellness Center is located in building 5 on the 3rd floor room 303 (right around the corner from The Grove). The phone number is: 650-306-3259.
- Send an email to Gena Rhodes, Ph.D., coordinator for Personal Counseling, at email@example.com.
- Complete the online Personal Counseling Interest Form
After you have requested an appointment through one of these three ways, you will be contacted by a personal counselor to schedule an appointment. We make every effort to respond within the week. If we do not have a time open that works for your schedule, you will informed and put on a waiting list.
It is our hope that students in need will make use of this service and that faculty will make the necessary recommendations for such support for their students whenever the need arises.
Certain situations require immediate attention. If you are having suicidal feelings, or having difficulty controlling the urge to hurt yourself, or anyone else, you need to deal with this NOW. The Personal Counseling Center, available during the regular academic year, are not equipped to handle 24-hour emergencies. For emergencies or urgent needs outside the Personal Counseling Center regular business hours, the following agencies will connect you with someone who can evaluate your situation now and ensure that you are safe.
For life-threatening situations CALL 911
- San Mateo County Psychiatric Emergency Services: 650-573-2662
- San Francisco County Psychiatric Emergency Services: 415-206-8125
- Santa Clara County Emergency Psychiatric Services: 408-885-6100
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255(TALK)
- Crisis Text line: Text "COURAGE" To: 741741