3-Year Assessment Plan Templates
Each department should select the template that aligns with their respective program
review cycle. Check your department's program review cycle on the Instructional Program Review Schedule.
For example, if your department submits a program review every even year, then your
department should follow the even year assessment template. This way each department
can align their assessment plans according to when their program review is due.
How do I complete the 3-Year Assessment Plan Template?
- Select the appropriate template (odd or even year depending on when your department’s
program review is due)
- Open and download the appropriate template. Make sure to save the template to your
computer by using the department name in the title
- Directly in the template, type department name at the top
- Generate a list of all courses that are offered in your department and discuss as
a group. Also discuss when each course is offered (e.g., every fall semester).
- With your department, identify when each course will be assessed, followed by documenting
your plan in the appropriate columns and rows directly in the template (the template
- Double-check that all courses offered are included in the template
- With your department, identify and discuss which SLOs will be assessed for each respective
course. For example, the same SLO can be assessed for every section of a course, each
faculty can choose the SLO that they resonate with, etc. It is completely up to the
department on how this should be handled and does not need to be indicated on the
- With your department, identify and discuss your PLOs
- On the third row of the template, indicate which PLO will be assessed followed by
the semester that it will occur (e.g., PLO 1, Fall 2019). You might want to consider
aligning your department’s PLO assessment cycle around when the program review is
due. For example, you might consider assessing at least one PLO every Fall semester
before the program review is due
- On the last row, review the courses scheduled to be assessed within each year and
select the corresponding ILO.
- Save and email the completed template to all department faculty members, your dean,
and Jessica Kaven, our college’s Faculty Assessment Coordinator (email@example.com or 650-306-3347). All templates will be posted online.
- Assess your courses according to the department’s assessment plan and post the results
directly to TracDat
- Should the plan change due to course cancellations, course banking, course additions,
etc., the department must also update their assessment plan template. See step 11
on who should be included when emailing the updated template