In October 2023, the College submitted a Board-approved Midterm Report to the ACCJC.
Questions or suggestions can be submitted via email to Dean Engel, the College Accreditation Liaison Officer.
During the 2022-23 Academic year, the College Planning and Budgeting Council (PBC) adopted the following timeline for preparing a Midterm Report for the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC):
In accordance with the January 27, 2020 official letter from the Accrediting Commission reaffirming the College's Accreditation for a period of seven years, Cañada will submit a Midterm Report to the Commission no later than October 15, 2023. Per ACCJC Guidance, institutions are required to submit a Midterm Report in the 4th year of their comprehensive peer review cycle. In the Midterm Report, the institution:
- provides an update on how it has integrated improvement plans arising from the self- evaluation into its ongoing planning and implementation processes;
- addresses work accomplished in response to the improvement recommendations affirmed by the Commission in its Action Letter
- reflects on actions it has taken to improve institutional performance related to student learning outcomes and institution-set standards;
- reflects on fiscal health and indicates actions taken to improve conditions (if applicable); and
- reports on the progress and outcomes from the action projects identified in its most recent Quality Focus Essay (described in the ISER).
For more information about Cañada College's accreditation status or processes, please contact Dr. Karen Engel, Dean of Planning, Research, Innovation & Effectiveness (PRIE) and Accreditation Liaison Officer. Evidence for the Midterm Report is being collected here.