Application Procedure and Selection
All students preparing for entrance to the program are required to meet with a general counselor and request a transcript evaluation or review.
Sometimes it can take up to three weeks to meet with a counselor. In order to make sure you are able to have a counselor review your application ahead of the deadline, you should have your counseling appointment scheduled by February 1st.
Appointments may be scheduled by calling 650-306-3452 or online through your student portal. Additional information about the Counseling Department as well as instructions for how to schedule an appointment through your student portal can be found below.
Applications for the Class of 2026 are now open and will be accepted through an online-only process.
Completed applications with PDF scanned uploaded files of reference letters, counselor review, and official transcripts must be submitted NO LATER than Friday, March 1st, 2024 (11:59 PM) to be considered for the Fall semester. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Responsibility for accuracy and on-time delivery of application materials rests with the student.
If you are applying to the program and your professor would like to directly send the Science Letter of Recommendation to us, please have them upload it to our Dropbox
Next Information Meeting
Tuesday, January 30th, 2024 6:30 pm via ZoomTopic: Radiologic Technology Program Info Meeting
Time: Jan 30, 2024 06:30 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
CLICK HERE to Join Zoom Meeting Meeting ID: 837 8754 0453
Tuesday, December 10th, 2024 6:30 pm via ZoomTopic: Radiologic Technology Program Info Meeting
Time: Dec 10, 2024 06:30 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
CLICK HERE to Join Zoom Meeting Meeting ID: 858 1959 6887
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Applications will be reviewed by the Radiologic Technology staff. Selection is made based on an evaluation of the following prerequisite, essay, general education courses completed and work experience. A maximum of 20 students are admitted depending on space-available in our clinical education centers. In addition, a list of 20 alternate students is created in case spaces become available. Priority will be given in the following order:
- Applicants who have successfully completed all prerequisite courses and have the greatest number of general education courses completed.
- GPA in the required science courses.
- Currently enrolled students in the San Mateo County Community College District.
- Content review of the letters of recommendation.
- Content review of the personal essay.
- Work experience and/or voluntary experience in health care.
* Applicants who are equally qualified will be admitted by random selection.
- Applicants wishing to appeal the application procedure on grounds other than the above, may do so in writing no later than May 8, 2024. Petitioners will be notified of the status of appeal no later than May 22, 2024.
Applicant appeal process:
a. Appeal is done in writing and submitted electronically to program officials
b. The review committee will assess application for completeness
c. Review committee will forward the appeal to the Dean of Science and Technology for review.
d. Dean of Science and Technology will communicate the results to the applicant within a week of receiving the appeal.
- Questions regarding this procedure may be directed to the Radiologic Technology Program email at Canradtech@smccd.edu or via telephone at 650-306-3154.