State Authorization - Complaint Process

Cañada College is committed to an educational environment that is free from interference and disruption, and that fosters equity and mutual respect.

The following administrative processes are available to individuals who believe that they have been treated unfairly or that their rights have been violated:

  1. Student Rights: Responsibilities and Records
  2. Student Grievance: Policy 7.73.A
  3. Student Discipline: Policy 7.69 , 70
  4. Academic Integrity
  5. Sexual Harassment: Policy 2.25 and 7.67
  6. Nondiscrimination: Procedure 2.19
  7. Employee Rights/Whistle Blower Protection: Policy 2.12
  8. Grade Grievance: Policy 7.73B

Most complaints, grievances or disciplinary matters should be resolved at the campus/district level. If a complaint does not fall into one of the categories above, the complaint should be addressed in writing to the college President at the following address:

Kim Lopez, President
4200 Farm Hill Blvd.
Redwood City, CA 94061

Individuals are strongly encouraged to make every attempt to resolve matters through the appropriate administrative processes. Matters that are not resolved internally may be processed by using the following agencies in the order described below.

Contact the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) if your complaint is associated with the institution's compliance with academic program quality and accrediting standards. ACCJC is the agency that accredits the academic programs of the California Community Colleges.

If your complaint does not concern the California Community College's compliance with academic program quality and accrediting standards, you may contact the California Community College Chancellor's Office by completing this web form.