Who Can Borrow?
Current Cañada College (or SMCCCD) students, faculty, or staff, automatically have a free college library account that can be used to borrow materials and access collections at the college libraries. You don't need a physical card beyond your College ID and/or your G number in order to borrow materials.
Other San Mateo County residents or Cañada College community members are also eligible for a library account that permits borrowing. Visit our library account info page to learn more.
Borrowing During Campus Closure
During the campus closure, books and other materials that have been checked out do not need to be returned until libraries re-open.
- Watch your email account for important updates regarding return of library items at the end of the semester.
- Due dates for materials borrowed from any of the SMCCCD libraries are being extended until after the libraries re-open. Students and other library users do not need to do anything to extend their due dates.
- There will be no late fines during this period.
Note: If you have items on loan that were overdue before the campus closure, you will be responsible for late fines through Friday, March 13.
- Please disregard any late notice emails should they occur.
- New hold requests for library materials have been temporarily disabled.
Get Help Borrowing Textbooks you are Unable to Purchase
If you weren't able to buy or check out a textbook before the campus closure, use the Ask a Librarian online chat feature for assistance. Librarians can often find free e-book editions of textbooks and other books. Do not assume the book you need is not available as an e-book because you didn’t find a copy yourself.
If you have any questions about your library account, reserve textbooks, library technology, or other material loans, please email email@example.com. Please include your name, G number, and contact information.
While the Library building is not currently open for visiting, Library hours remain the same for anyone looking for virtual help from our staff and faculty.