Plan Ahead - Pay Ahead
When are Fees Due
Fees are due and payable at the time of registration. Students will not be able to register for classes if they have any outstanding balance. Fees may be paid with cash, check, money order, Discover, MasterCard or Visa. Fee waivers (CCPG) are available to those who qualify financially. Fees paid by personal check will require 30 days for bank clearance before refunds can be processed. If you need assistance in paying your fees, you are encouraged to:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as soon as possible. A minimum of five business days processing time is required to ensure receipt of the FAFSA to prevent your drop for non-payment (use school code 006973 Cañada).
- If you are an AB 540 student and unable to complete the FAFSA due to your citizenship status, complete the California Dream Act Application as soon as possible. A minimum of five business days processing time is required to ensure receipt of the application to prevent your drop for non-payment (use school code 006973 Cañada).
- Apply for the California College Promise Grant (CCPG) for the correct term in WebSMART.
- If you still need financial assistance after exhausting all of the options listed above, please contact the Vice President of Student Services.
If you are unable to pay your fees at the time of registration you may sign up for a payment plan through Nelnet that allows you to pay your fees over an extended period of time.
How Does the Payment Plan Work?
- Students carrying a balance from prior terms should pay off the balance prior to registering.
- There is a fee to enroll in the payment plan. The plan costs $20 for each semester.
- Nelnet will assess a $30 fee for a missed/late payment.
- Nelnet will assess a $30 fee for insufficient funds. The company will try to submit the payment 3 times to the bank.
- Monthly payments will be taken out/collected from your bank every 5th of the month.
- Detailed information about how to sign up for the payment plan is available on WebSMART.
After you have registered and paid for classes, you are officially enrolled at Cañada College.