Cañada College has a fully accredited Engineering transfer program. This lower-division program consists of the same courses offered at any four-year college or university at a substantially lower cost, taught by faculty with considerable industrial and/or university experience.
Virtually all our Engineering students have subsequently obtained their degrees at a four-year college or university and have entered the Engineering profession. The College has articulation agreements with engineering departments of UC, CSU and independent colleges and universities.
Typical Programs For Engineering Students At Canada College
* Recommended for those with no high school physics
** Either 210, 220 or 224, 225 may be taken
*** CIS 118 and CIS 250 for Computer Science CIS 118 and CIS 250, or Engr 215 for Engineering Students. (See catalog of four-year college of your choice.
**** CHEM 220 recommended for summer school
***** ARCH 110 recommended
Students completing this program will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of math, science, and engineering or computer science to identify, formulate, and solve engineering/computer science problems.
- Communicate effectively and work well in situations that require teamwork.
- Design and perform tests or experiments, analyze and interpret data, and prepare a report summarizing the results of the tests or experiments.
- Develop a design or system given a set of requirements and specifications.
- Formulate a plan of study to obtain a Bachelor’s degree in engineering or computer science.
- Use techniques, skills, and modern engineering and computer tools necessary for engineering or computer science practice