Cañada College Business Department
The Cañada College Business Department offers students a variety of Associate’s Degrees and Certificates in Business, Entrepreneurship, Management, Marketing, and Office Technology. Our programs prepare students with a foundation in the major functional areas within business, such as accounting, economics, entrepreneurship, finance, information systems, international business, management, marketing and small business.
Our program provides students with opportunities to:
- Earn a certificate or associate’s degree,
- Transfer to a four-year university,
- Earn continuing education credit,
- Learn how to start a business,
- Major course preparation for the GMAT or GRE exams, and
- MBA application preparation.
Strategic Course Scheduling
Core transfer courses are offered year-round, including during the summer session. Many courses are offered in a variety of modalities to meet student scheduling needs, such as in-person, day, evening, hybrid and online. We also offer some courses on a strategic late-start or an accelerated path for students with additional scheduling demands.
As a part of the San Mateo Community College District, our program offers students even greater flexibility with additional course offerings at our other two district campuses, College of San Mateo and Skyline College.
Smaller is Better
Our small class sizes ensure better results for our students where each student is noticed and has the opportunity to establish one-on-one relationships with faculty and the campus community.
Business faculty are experienced in many industries, including government and not-for-profit organizations. Cañada College is a member of the Redwood City Chamber of Commerce. You can learn more about our current faculty members here, and learn how you can apply to teach business courses at Cañada College here.
Business majors are encouraged to meet with Daryan Chan or Gloria Darafshi for counseling appointments.
Electronic Counseling Services (ECS) allows students to receive limited counseling services via e-mail. Cañada College students may use this service. ECS is particularly helpful for students who find it difficult to schedule counseling appointments at convenient times. ECS provides limited counseling services. Response time may take up to six working days. To learn more, please visit the Electronic Counseling Services website.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon Completion of Degree requirements, students will be able to:
- Design and manage business documents using current technology to engage in creative problem solving.
- Communicate an understanding of business concepts professionally through written, oral and visual presentations using current technology.
- Recognize ethical behavior in their chosen profession and behave in a socially responsible manner.
- Analyze business issues, interpret financial data and identify economic trends.