Joining a Cañada College intercollegiate team? In order to participate in intercollegiate athletics, all student-athletes are required to complete the SMCCCD Pre-Participation Sports Screening packet and be medically cleared by a physician. Download them below.
NEW incoming student-athletes
To ensure that the packet is completed properly:
- The student-athlete is responsible for completing all pages except for the screening page (the one with a box on the bottom of the page for a physician stamp).
- Download and save the blank PDF forms to your computer before typing content. Typed content may not save if typed before saving.
- Please enter all information, including medical history, truthfully. Any misinformation could result in unexpected consequences.
- Please sign off where indicated. Any student-athlete under 18 will need a parent to sign off as well.
- If any Yeses are checked in the medical history, please explain.
- A MD or DO must sign off on Page 3. Physicals will not be accepted if they are completed and signed off by nurses, physical therapists, chiropractors, or physician assistants.
- Return completed forms to the Athletic Trainer prior to participation.
Physicals are scheduled prior to the start of intercollegiate season participation. Coaches are informed of these dates and will relay the information to potential student-athletes. Announcements will also be made on this page in the Upcoming Events section. Make every effort to attend or you will need to seek medical clearance on your own prior to participation.