The Kinesiology, Athletics and Dance Department offers a variety of activity classes designed for lifetime enhancement of fitness, recreation and leisure time. Classes in dance, individual sports, fitness and team sports are offered at various levels of performance. Beginning classes introduce an activity; intermediate to advanced courses are designed to improve an already existing skill level.
New to Cañada College? Apply below and then register for courses today!
Degrees and Career Opportunities
The College offers an Associate Degrees in Dance and Kinesiology, along with an Associate Degree for Transfer in Kinesiology, with preparation to work in industries such as:
- Physical and Occupation Therapy
- Physical Education
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Sports Medicine, Athletic Training, Coaching
- Chiropractic Medicine, Dietetics, and Recreational Therapy
Program Map | Fields of Study
Kinesiology as a broad spectrum of multiple fields of study:
- Exercise Psychology
- Physical Conditioning and Therapy Techniques
To view the program/course map for Kinesiology AA and the AA-T degrees, please visit the Program Map page for courses and career opportunity information:
Students completing this program will be able to:
- Recognize and evaluate the importance of physical activity in leading a healthy, functional
lifestyle and in creating or increasing a sense of well-being.
Assessment: written test, student log.
- Exhibit interpersonal communication, cooperative relationships and social interaction
within diverse and dynamic environments.
Assessment: Observation, group projects.
- Analyze and understand the discipline of kinesiology to apply appropriate scientific
and quantitative conclusions to physical activity.
Assessment: written exam, portfolio, case studies.
- Demonstrate and improve fitness components along with alignment, body positioning,
special awareness, or rhythm while performing exercise movements.
Assessment: pre-testing and-post-testing, observation with rubric
- Demonstrate professional and ethical decision-making and civic responsibility when
applying knowledge of kinesiology.
Assessment: Written exam, role playing/observation, case studies.