As of February 28, 2023, the Academic Committee for Equity & Success (ACES) is now part of the College's new, piloted Equity and Antiracism Planning Council (EAPC). This website is for informational and archival purposes. For more information about EAPC, please click here.
Collaborate, build capacity, and advocate across campus to ensure all students have equitable opportunities to achieve their goals.
We care about Student Equity at Cañada College
ACES provides guidance for the Caňada College 2022-2025 Student Equity and Achievement Program Plan.
The work of ACES is wrapping up as we launch the new Equity and Antiracism Planning Council (EAPC) pilot in Spring 2023.
Student Success Metrics:
The 2022-2025 Cañada College Student Equity Plan has been aligned to the California Community College System’s new student success metrics. Colleges were instructed to use the Student Success Metrics (SSM) Dashboard to access their data for their overall student population. Colleges are required to set three-year goals from the SSM for the overall student population and for each student equity population shown to have DI (disproportionate impact) in the following success metrics:
1. Access-Successful Enrollment (enroll within one year after applying)
2. Retention-Fall to Spring (all students)
3. Completion of transfer-level math and English (within the first year)
4. Vision Goal Completion (earned credit certificates over 18 units or associate degree within three years)
5. Transfer to a four-year institution (in state or out of state, within three years)