Kinesiology, Athletics and Dance
Cañada College competes as a member of the Coast Conference in baseball, women's soccer, men's soccer, women's volleyball, men's golf, and basketball, and in the Central Valley Conference in women's golf. A wide variety of activity courses are offered that are designed for lifetime enhancement of fitness, recreation and leisure time.
In order to be eligible to participate in varsity athletics a student must adhere to the California State Athletic Code and Coast Conference eligibility rules and regulations. Questions regarding eligibility should be addressed to the Physical Education/Athletics Department, Bldg. 1, Room 204, 306-3341.
Please see individual team pages on the left for Athletic Schedules.
This website and all subsequent linked pages constitute the official Cañada College Athletics website administered by the Cañada College Athletic Department. The Cañada College Athletic Department is not responsible, nor does it condone the existence or accuracy of information about the Cañada College Athletic Program which may appear on any web page not located within the Cañada College web site. This site may contain links to web sites not administered by Cañada College Athletics program. Cañada College or the Athletic department is not responsible or liable for the accuracy or the content of the pages not administered by Cañada College.
Effective Fall 2009 parking regulations are enforced Monday through Friday. Everyone parking on campus must purchase a daily parking permit or they will be cited by security (permit machine available in each lot).
Program Learning Outcomes:
Students completing this program will be able to:
- Recognize and evaluate the importance of physical activity in leading a healthy, functional lifestyle and in creating or increasing a sense of well-being.
Assessment: written test, student log.
- Exhibit interpersonal communication, cooperative relationships and social interaction within diverse and dynamic environments.
Assessment: Observation, group projects.
- Analyze and understand the discipline of kinesiology to apply appropriate scientific and quantitative conclusions to physical activity.
Assessment: written exam, portfolio, case studies.
- Demonstrate and improve fitness components along with alignment, body positioning, special awareness, or rhythm while performing exercise movements.
Assessment: Pre and post testing, observation with rubric
- Demonstrate professional and ethical decision-making and civic responsibility when applying knowledge of kinesiology.
Assessment: Written exam, role playing/observation, case studies.