Veterans Resource and Opportunity Center (VROC)
Please note that the Food Pantry and Vet Vouchers are currently suspended until further notice
If you are seeking food, housing or any other community resource, please call 211 or contact your nearest San Mateo County Core Agency
The Veterans Resource and Opportunity Center (VROC) is committed to the task of supporting veteran needs while in attendance at Cañada College and beyond. VROCs’ vision is to provide veterans, of all eras, returning to school with personalized service and encouragement through connection with admissions & records/counseling services/financial-aid, fellow veterans, and veteran related agencies and organizations.
If you are a veteran or know someone who is considering returning to school and want
to know your options, you are invited to contact Adolfo Leiva at (650) 381-3557 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. During COVID-19, all of our services are 100% virtual.
- Admission Assistance
- Veteran Benefit Assistance (Educational/Vocational, Medical, Psycho-social)
- Academic Counseling
- Placement Testing
- Financial Aid/Scholarship/Work-study
- Vet Vouchers for books, transportation, and food
- Other issues as they arise
VET VOUCHER PROGRAM:
More information to come.
Cañada's Veterans Resource and Opportunity Center may provide book, transportation, and food vouchers to active military, veterans, and dependents pursuing a certificate, associates, and/or transfer degree. In order to qualify for the voucher program, you must provide the following:
- Proof of military status must be provided prior to picking up the voucher
- Military ID, DD214, or other documentation
- Be currently enrolled in at least 6 academic units
- Have an updated Student Education Plan
- Must be in good academic standing, at least a 2.0 GPA
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Adolfo Leiva at email@example.com or (650) 381-3557.