Steps to Apply
Step 1: Complete the online Interest Form
Step 2: Complete the online Application (will be provided after Step 1)
Step 3: Request two Teacher/Adult Recommendations (not a family member)
Step 4: Provide copies of student's documents:
- Social Security Card or Permanent Residency Card
- Copy of recent tax records
- Copy of recent progress report or grades
Please do not send in sensitive paperwork that contains social security numbers via email during this "shelter in place." We will collect the information at a later time when this documentation received securely.
Eligible students must meet the following criteria:
- US citizen or a permanent resident.
- Grades 9-11th and attending Sequoia High School and/or reside in Redwood City or East Palo Alto at the time of applying in the program
- In addition, students must demonstrate a commitment to improve academically and an interest attending college.
Additionally, students should meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Be eligible through income requirements established by the US government. http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ope/trio/incomelevels.html
- first generation to receive a four year college degree
Selection is based on recommendations, grades, test scores, and interview. For more information please feel free to contact the Department of Education's website at http://www.ed.gov/programs/trioupbound/index.html.
Are you interested in applying, but don’t know if you’re eligible?
Students who are interested in joining Upward Bound can download a brochure and interest form to help us determine if you are eligible for the program. We will get back to you in two business days, not including weekends.