Due to Campus Closure Call the Welcome Center for Online Orientation Assistance (650) 306-3452, or email@example.com.
New, first-time college students (including Middle College Students who transition to college student status) are required to:
- Complete Online Orientation in the Student Tab of WebSMART
- Meet with an Academic Counselor to determine initial Math, English or ESL course placement and prepare a Student Education Plan (SEP).
- Submit their Registration Ticket to Admissions & Records for a date to register for classes
The orientation session provides information on college resources, special programs and services, and a hands-on demonstration of essential college online tools. At a computer each student will access:
- WebSMART online resources for online new student orientation, registration, fee payment, student education plan, education goal progress in DegreeWorks and much more…
- CANVAS an online resource for class participation and assignments
- WebSCHEDULE to look up current class schedule information
- My.SMCCD.edu student email set up to receive college and class communications
Each orientation participant will receive a New Student Orientation Handbook, current Class Schedule, and college resource handouts by visiting the Welcome Center when the campus re-opens.